Bad news: my friend Sally's sister has been diagnised with leukemia so please direct your thoughts and prayers to her. She is still at high school and I gather prospects are better for younger patients, but still we are grateful that we like in a city with a major cancer treatment centre like Peter McCallum. What a terrible shock.
I'd like to begin by stating that it is extremely unlikely, near impossible, Ann actually thought any of the things that I have been upset about for the last couple of days. We had a good time together - we went into the city and walked around the river precincts; we ditched Noddie and J and went into the hills to a groovy hippy market and bought jewellery (which will NOT surprise anyone who knows me LOL). But I felt bad. With an observer ther, it seemed clear to me that I am not a very nice person when I am looking after Noddie. I don't like my tone when I am directing her to do things - she's two, I do have to direct her, but I don't like how I sound. And when we were off together by ourselves I seemed to be talking talking talking, mainly about myself. I even put the footy on the radio in the car even though Ann couldn't care less about it. I seemed selfish and self-centred. Maybe I was trying to squash 6 months of communication into one day? Stupid. Ann is single, childless, extremely well-travellled.... . she reminds me of the road not taken. I love my life - my family, my studies - but these burdens although freely and gladly undertaken are burdens nonetheless. I felt as though I was boring her to death.
Get over it, princess!! Ann didn't think anything of the kind, Noddie is a happy, pleasantly spoken child, and I am lucky to have friends, my dear Spousal Unit and the opportunity, means and ability to pursue a new career. Dwelling on one's faults is a form of self-indulgence - no supportive comments please - I know how lucky I am!
Thank goodness for running, and the Spousal Unit, who got home from working on our rental house at 6pm and urged me out the door for my long run. I don't really like running at night because I'm a bit tired after the day - Noddie and I went for a picnic at a local park today, had a great time
but I've entered a half marathon on Sept 9th as a lead up to the Melbourne Marathon half in October so have to keep at it. I did't want to go and had every excuse not to prepared - and I still went. After about 40 min I thought, this is halfway - and then I thought, no, getting out the door was halfway. It was windy and spat rain from time to time and I did 1:20 which is about 13km. None of the above matters really. Life is how it it is. Being a whiner is boring. I'm counting my blessings. I'm too scared to weigh myself though as I've snarfed down my bodyweight in white carbs AGAIN. When will I learn???
3 comments:
Don't feel guilty for needing time to yourself without Noddie. It is important to have "Me" time.
Good luck with your training and most of all enjoy it.
Im bloody here! Finally!
I have alot to catch up on but I wanted to say its wonderful to finally SEE you and your gorgeous daughter...
Now, excuse me, I have a bit to catch up on.
xoxoxox
I understand what you are saying. I am 35 and have never left the country. I love my life, kids, wife and mortgage (ok maybe not the mortgage) but often wonder what if??
Post a Comment