Wednesday, July 26, 2006

All going swimmingly

Something has happened lately – I seem to be thinking about what I want to do and how I can fit it in, rather than feeling very conscious of my limits and trying to judge what I can do. On the weekend I decided I will add two swims and two weights sessions to my running schedule, then I worked out when I’d have to do them, no problem. A light seems to have switched on – I feel calm about being able to do everything I want to. Maybe not perfectly, but still do them. I think the anxiety has dissipated because I’m doing these things because I want to, as lifestyle changes – not as preparation for some insane stretch goal. I always want to have an insane stretch goal (hmmmmmmmmmm who has achievement issues then? You say that like it’s a bad thing) but I am deliberately holding back at the moment. Life has so many other priorities. Noddie is being very clingy and diva-esque so requires a lot of time and patient repsonses (never my strong suit). Uni has started again and I really don’t want to get into that breathless hyper-zone I was in last semester. J and I have been working hard on being kind to one another while we manage fatigue and stress, but now we are enjoying just being! I think the 6 weeks of forced inactivity helped clarify things because as well as being a pain in the arse, it was a real rest. It feels strange…..but I am sure there will be other times in my life when it’s go-go-go superwoman juggling and I will love every minute of it.
I’m going swimming tomorrow. I’m really, really, really looking forward to it. I think the last time I went swimming was in March when I did the BRW corporate triathlon as a ring-in with two days’ notice. Now THAT was fun, and no time to get nervous. I’ve added swimming and weights b/c I need to build up my upper body strength – because I’ve started planning for my birthday next year. The Birthday Which Shall Not Be Named (BWSBN). I want to go away for the weekend with friends and have surfing lessons! I love the ocean and am a very good swimmer – and so I ought to be after all those years training and competing, but I’ve never learned to surf. I can picture it now….days in the waves being coached by spunky young men, evenings eating, talking, drinking champagne…. So far, friends L and M, sib 3 and S-I-L are keen; it’s early days yet. So tomorrow I’m getting up at half-past dark, and I get to smell that lovely pool smell– one of my favourite smells, along with libraries- and just swim mindlessly up and down….. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Does anyone out there know how to get rid of those stupid extra diamonds in my Links list? Try as I might I cannot see anything different about those two links. Any advice appreciated.

GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPENED TODAY
Uni was exciting, not scary. No stats this semester, yippee!!
I actually got up at half-past dark and went running instead of having to put away my laid-out clothes and be disappointed in myself for wimping out, as happens a lot.
Running in the fog was deliciously eerie and private.

TODAY AT WORK I WILL
-write the meeting agenda DONE
-answer my tricky emails DONE
-more fire stuff DONE
-Worksafe project
-audit check and emails DONE
-paperwork DONE
*I think this is is starting to work - I'm building up some momentum :)

4 comments:

Spark Driver said...

I have had a look at your template and can't figure out the diamonds either. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea you were such a superhuman! My goodness - no wonder you sometimes apologize for not commenting or needing to catch up on my blog (not necessary, btw)!!!

What an inspiration you are! :)

Margaret said...

How bizzare. I had a look at the source code and the extra lines don't even seem to appear there!! How very strange.

You are doing so well at the moment and I am so glad you found a great reason to go swimming early. (doesn't a bit of eye candy go a long way to give you extra motivation LOL)

And I think all kids go through that extra clingy stage. It is tough because I find it so easy to lose patience then I end up spending more time trying to make it up.

Well done at keeping on top of your work list. It's a great thing :D

The Candid Bandit said...

Hmmm like everyone else, the diamonds have me stumped. I thought there may be code -----> wider than the initial template width. That can sometimes be sneaky.

You are so bloody busy! I can't believe it!