
I'm so happy with Project "Change happens today". I'm being clear and assertive about what I want to eat, and the Spousal Unit appears ok with that. The big change is, I'm no longer bothered whether he is or not! We've planned and shopped and generally achieved a hitherto unheard-of level of adulting, to the point where we went 5 weeks without unplanned takeaway! Woot!
The other 'miracle cure' I've 'discovered' hahaha is the gym near my house. Even in the dark days before the arrival of the Blessed Turmeric, I was dragging my weary snotty self through my program at least three times a week, and slugging through half an hour on the stationary bike a couple of other times. Everyone knows that little and often is the way to make changes, but this is the longest I've actually stuck at it for quite a while. The feedback is so gratifying - yes, several people have commented on my appearance, which is nice, but more importantly, I'm feeling powerful again! Physically, a bit more so, but it's early days yet of course - more importantly, powerful in that I'm not drowning in the hurly burly of life. My life is still about my family and my work, but it's also about me again too.
Now I'd better go and do my piano practice - my teacher is a slave-driver, but I can feel my brain humming with it so it's all good!
More anon, ivory-ticklers!
2 comments:
Makes curry taste good too.
Did you watch the program "Trust Me I'm A Doctor"? Well anyway they did some research into the benefits of turmeric and what they discovered was that in supplement/tablet form it had no beneficial effects BUT if you used it in cooking thereby heating it up - then all the reasons it's soo good for you come directly into play and it does what it is purported to do. I now have several shakes of it with my scrambled eggs in the morning. Not only good for me, but looks good and tastes even better. Enjoy!!
Post a Comment