Anyway BLEAT BLEAT whatever - I feel WELL! I've dropped several kgs, which is nice, but mainly I feel stronger, more trim, and DETERMINED.
Here's a photo of my chart!
The obvious things are on it of course, but I also wanted to systematise things that make life work better (filing, stretching) and more satisfying (my photo albums) that would otherwise fall by the wayside when the Washing Machine of Life goes into spin cycle. If I clean out a drawer each week I don't get overwhelmed by the habits of my beloved hoarders, and keeping at my crochet might get my current rug finished before Noddie leaves home. I might add 'piano practice' on future versions (did I tell you I've started piano lessons? Wow, talk about brain stretching!) but at the moment I'm scared of my teacher (and she gives me such hard stuff to learn) that I make time for it. I *heart* my chart.
The other thing I've done is 'engineer in' a gym day. Noddie has three and a half hours of dance classes on a Wednesday in a town 45 minutes from our place. Being amazingly clever, I have scheduled my piano lesson for then, and bought myself a pass to the FancyPants gym there too. Don't get me wrong, I like our gym here - it's adequate, cheap, and five minutes from my house - but the FP one has all shmicko machines, a view of a picturesque lake, and charming, ripped people who kindly help newbies work out how to use the shmicko machines.
Operation Assertiveness is going great guns. I now tell the Spousal Unit what we are going to eat, and he makes it happen. This works So Much Better than making vague suggestions when your beloved thinks 'fried with cheese' is a food group. Our Friday night fish and chip habit has been abandoned, becuase a) they don't fit in with my health goals and b) this is Bairnsdale so they usually weren't very good anyway. J and I have 'date night' dinner while Noddie is at her Tuesday dance classes and we now go for a walk around the picturesque lake (the one near the gym) after we eat. I get eye rolls and bit of whingeing, but he comes along. It's all good!
Maybe I should put 'blog' on my chart? That would help with my focus.....
More anon, funksters!
1 comment:
I LOVE your chart. I think you should buy some stickers, so you can put gold stars on your successful days. :)
Post a Comment