Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Pressing on

Home again, jiggety jig.
Shaken but not stirred, our heroine is sleeping better and not so jumpy. I need a badge: 'does not cope well with conflict'.
I'm loving just swimming again - the fact that I can now go to the pool without dreading it is hereby noted as the first triumph of the 2016-17 financial year! Mind you, I pick my times very carefully, but that's how things Get Done, no? There's an open water swim in September I have my eye on.
This morning there was quite a funny battle between hurry up get your shoes on you've only just got time for your walk and I'll just do some Important Things so I don't have time then be mad at myself. The washing is still blocking the laundry door; the walk was good :)
I've been reflecting on my Top Secret Big Scary Goals, and reminding myself that playing the odds is the only way - if I keep working, I have a chance at success, however small. If I listen to the BS in my head and keep putting things off, then I have no chance. Things will stay the same. Ewww.
More anon, glorious leaders!

1 comment:

Tea said...

Yes! Every step you take toward your goal counts.