HI Blog!
Sorry I'm late! *insert usual excuses about life etc etc here*.
It's been a busy week and a reasonably good week, lots of life in it. But what I've been thinking about is some wisdom from the magnificent Tea, my good and kind internet friend. Tea took notice of my lame sooking about the scales not moving, and wrote down for me what she eats. It sounded brilliant, but also very daunting, nowhere even adjacent to what I eat now! Ever-patient, Tea explained that she didn't make the change all at once - change one thing each week and all of a sudden she was eating in a way that fuels her lofty athletic ambitions and extremely hard work.
She is, of course, spot on. Thanks goodness for kind, patient people who wait for you to work out totally obvious things! This week's change is ...drumroll... less bread!! Aim: less than once a day. It's going to be more of a habit-changing than a self-discipline thing - bread is so convenient! As are noodles and rice (future change targets). So far so good.
As for the other goals (because 'being interesting' is no longer the primary aim of this blog):
Water each morning: tick!
Exercise: three bike rides (including on the hotter 'n hell day of my birthday party), 2 swims (including the slightly overtired day after my birthday party) and a walk. I'm sucking up my pride and sticking to the very small distances in the pool. The key word for this exercise program is reproducible - can I do it again in 2 days' time? That will lead to consistency, and that will lead to progress.
Didn't weigh myself this week (see 'birthday party', above).
Alcohol-free days - not 5 (see 'birthday party', above), also see 'emotions/feeling manipulated' (below). I'm on it. My circus, my monkeys. This week will be like the Sahara!
Didn't clean out a drawer, didn't ring a friend BUT invited a new friend to my party so that counts toward my goal of widening my social circle, no?
No piano. Must find a way to work that in.
I find the biggest obstacle to exercise and eating the way I want to is emotional. I'm noticing how manipulated I feel by my family's needs. This is MY PERCEPTION. I have to find a new way of managing my responses to their/my 'shoulds'.
Sometimes focusing on myself so much is very boring, but it's less boring than feeling as though my life is pouring away before my eyes.
More anon, wanderers!

1 comment:
I love a plan! And I really like your plan:) And bread, I love bread so I completely understand- I battle bread daily. Reproducible= consistent= progress= fabulous!
Post a Comment