Sunday, January 24, 2016

Open up and say ahhrrrr!!!

Hi Blog!
So how did it all go, you ask? Life at Chateau LBTEPA this week has been interesting, and complicated. Interesting in that I kept remembering, oh, that's right, that's how you do that, and complicated in that we are in the midst of a Major Family Upheaval which has resulted in a close family member moving in with us indefinitely and also in many rather painful conversations. But these things happen. In addition, The Spousal Unit's primary work is longer as my domestic engineer so I'm having to dust off ye olde household management/multitasking skills. Oy karumba!I am so rusty!
1. drink a big glass of water first thing every morning DONE even though sometimes the water was consumed at 11am because that's when I remembered. Like most changes, it's a matter of REMEMBERING which takes PRACTICE, which is, fortunately, an LBTEPA core skill.
2. clean out a cupboard DONE so very many more to do.....le sigh....
3. ring a friend DONE this morning because I knew I'd be writing today, thank you goal list
4. 2 swims, 2 bike rides, plus walk/running. Errrr... 3 bike rides plus walk/running. I learned PREPARATION IS EVERYTHING ie check the compressor battery is charged the day before you plan to ride because your tyres WILL need to be pumped up and you will get very cross about how long it's all taking. MUST get to grips with reluctance to swim.
5. physio exercises every day - done every day!....until all the therabands broke one after the other in a hilarious series of snaps that had to be a good ab workout from laughing so much. I've subbed in a little core set instead. I'll buy more theraband tomorrow.
6. Alcohol-free days (aim: 3). Errrr.....Two completely free days but focus on sipping on other days (see 'Major Family Upheaval')
7. No fashion blogs. What time suckers. During a brief skim on Saturday morning I realised they're far less interesting than I remembered. Temptation decreasing.
What's next, you ask? I want to reinforce this stuff. It's not automatic or even my preferred mode yet. Then I'll go bigger. Therefore this week's goals are:
1. drink a big glass of water first thing every morning
2. clean out a cupboard or shelf
3. ring a friend. Isolating myself is a very bad habit.
4. 2 swims, 2 bike rides, plus walk/running
5. physio exercises every day
6. Alcohol-free days on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday
7. No fashion blogs.
Insight of the week: Stuff is how it is, and you can either wallow, or accept that it's there and get on with things. Helloooo Captain Obvious!
More anon, me hearties!

No comments: