Monday, May 25, 2015

things afoot

many, many things are afoot here at the LBTEPA Institute of Physical Perfection, including LBTEPA herself, after an extremely discouraging (and, no doubt, utterly de-conditioning) two weeks of chest infection. I will not describe what I was coughing up.
But enough of that.
Tomorrow morning I am fronting up at the gym for a new programme. I keep forgetting to cancel my membership so I might as well use the bloody thing. I am quite prepared for the following
- intense feelings of shame
- wanting to punch the lithe and quite likely clueless young thing writing my programme in the face
- wanting to cry and run away
- resisting the 'encouragement' to get weighed (I know I'm fat), have my 'biological age'  measured (it told me last time that I shouldn't be buying green bananas), and my blood pressure taken  - how fun to have you ignore my statement that the normal cuff won't fit and then have to go and get the lardarse one out of the cupboard with a disgusted/pitying look on your face.
- an argument about refusing to do gym cardio. My physio and I have appropriate cardio sorted.
- having to ask several times for what I want, which is this:
1. 5 or 6 upper body exercises designed to strengthen my swimming
2. a core/glute workout that does not hurt my knees or aggravate my achilles
Now I may be being a bit negative as I had a big weekend in the big smoke with my dear little Noddie, and I'm quite tired. Maybe it will all go wonderfully! I hope so....but if it doesn't, I'll go anyway. I'm not giving up.
 

Hahahahahaha look what came up when I g00g1ed 'perseverance' - an old watering hole from uni days! Classic!
More anon, iron pumpers!

3 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I love starting a new program at the gym!Until the next day when the DOMS smack me to the ground and I can't pick stuff up off the floor. Good luck and I have developed a new technique for hair drying when your arms don't work if you want to know that for Thursday:) (I have a toilet technique for after leg day too if you need it:)

Shauna said...

This made me laugh/tear up in recognition! Especially "how fun to have you ignore my statement that the normal cuff won't fit and then have to go and get the lardarse one out of the cupboard with a disgusted/pitying look on your face." EVERY BLOODY TIME!

Zapping the thoughts of good luck, courage and clear lungs your way! :)

Tea said...

HAHAHA. I love the picture.

Meanwhile, my hubby knows he needs to go to the gym, but he hates it for all the same reasons.