This is more a set of must-remember-this-for-next-week thoughts than a 'proper' blog post. Good thing it's my blog and that's what it's for, eh? As seems so frequent these days, I slide off the path of good habits at regular intervals, and then veer back on, off, on, off.....how to write an engaging and inspiring blog from that? I dunno. Possibly can't be done?
Life at Chez LBTEPA has chugged on - working quite long hours (for me) coaching the Spousal Unit into the role of House Husband Extraordinaire, getting every single jolly lurgi going around... the usual! My five faithful readers will be p[leased to note that I'm definitely not going back to the old hysterical 'oh woe, this means I'll never get back to being an athlete again and will be fat and broken forever'... posts, although I have definitely been there in my head, lots of times. The scales are my enemy because they mess with my head a bit but I have thought hard about it all and they do serve a purpose so they are staying.
I have been thinking a lot about forgiveness lately and had come to the conclusion that I hadn't really forgiven my ex-friend re Goofy, because I hadn't told her so. So I did. A lot of things were said that I'd wanted to say, unfortunately by text becuase that's how it unfolded. At her end there was a lot of justifying and more of the self-deluded BS she obviously indulged in to make it all right for herself. She has totally reshaped the whole thing in her mind to me forgetting she told me about it. There is no font big enough for the HA! I have for that. It was all very dramatic and unsettling but now it's closed at last. I won't be contacting her again, and I don't feel even the slightest bit ambivalent now.
*patient sigh from one of the five faithful readers* : LBTEPA, this is an exercise blog - what have you been up to?
I'm back to the bike a bit more now (me, the trainer and 27 years of Ironman Kona - what could be nicer?), not much swim, a little bit of running - 20sec every crossroad or corner now, and every 3 min on my long walks. Up to 22km now! Woot! We've had such a lovely spell of autumn weather. It's a huge pleasure to walk beside the river.
This week's veering-back will include tracking food, more roller, getting-done-what-I-can-while-the-lurgi-bites, and lots of water. See- the usual!
More anon, suncatchers!

3 comments:
That is very similar to what happened with me and my old Coach. He wouldn't talk about it. Finally, it just blew up last October, right before my 70.3---which he was at, but I didn't tell anyone. I had taken responsibility for my part, but he refused to take any ownership in what happened. He continued to blame me for everything. There was absolutely NO self-analysis on his part, at all. Of course, it's much much easier to blame someone else instead of looking deep inside ourselves.
Oh....the reason I mentioned that was because once I had the opportunity to let loose of all those emotions, I felt 100% better. It was what I needed.
I am hunting around for some sun to catch! Am catching the lurgies though, despite my insistence that I NEVER GET SICK. Goofy friend obviously doesn't understand and never will, I hope you can move her out of your mind more easily now you have voiced/texted your views- it is hard being so damn grown up! Hope the sun keeps shining where you are:) Sara
(I just had to look at bread to prove I am not a robot! I love carbs!)
Post a Comment