Friday, May 09, 2014

5x1 + 2x10

After I walked Noddie to school I kept walking in the lovely autumn sunshine, to the gym. I haven't been there for quite some time. I was quite nervous. My goals were to run 5x1 minute on the treadmill, and to stand for 20 seconds on each leg on the stupid balance ball. I completed the first pleasingly easily, although I didn't enjoy it at all because I was too worried about twinges in my achilles. I remembered very vividly how far I used to run and wondered if I'll ever feel that good again, but that was pointless so I concentrated on Eurovision on the gym tv instead. I completely heart Eurovision. One minute isn't long anyway.
I should rewrite that -  OMG PEOPLE I ACTUALLY RAN!!! I ACTUALLY RAN!!! YAY! - but I've been in Broken Hell for a long time and I don't believe things happen just because I want them to or becuase the physio says it'll be all right. We'll see how sore I am tomorrow.
I managed 10 seconds for each leg on the stupid balance ball so I will have to come back and have another go. I'm home now, slathered in precautionary anti-inflammatory gel. I don't know whether to laugh hysterically or cry hysterically. It's a start.
More anon, sunshiners!

3 comments:

Tea said...

Yay!!!! So happy for you!!! That stupid balance ball is hard for everyone. I don't think I could do 20 secs.

cilosophy said...

My running has been much better since doing strength and balance exercises! Yours will be too x

Kek said...

Great news - I hope you're progressing nicely. :)