Friday, December 20, 2013

Breathing in, breathing out

This has been a big two weeks - Noddie's dance concert  week (final classes, photo shoot, stop-start and dress rehearsals and two performances) was followed in tragically rapid succession by the passing away of the Spousal Unit's mother in the early hours of Monday morning. It was very peaceful and gentle, the best way you could ask for I suppose.Since then there has been the organisation of two services 350km apart; one for the family at the country cemetery where my mother-in-law wanted to be interred, and one back here. We're full up the wazoo with restaurant food, church-lady pointy sandwiches and slice and I never want to hear K.D. Lang's 'hallelujia' ever again. Thank goodness I am uber-prepared for Christmas and have an admin assistant I could ring up at 7am on Monday to ring all my clients and cancel their appointments (thanks Mum!). J is still in shock, his dad is shattered and Noddie is so sad it's just heartbreaking. I've been shoving whatever's at hand into my mouth just to keep moving and there has been no exercise whatsoever. I'm not weighing myself for at least a week, and after I finish this I'm not getting off the couch for several days.
I did attend my physio appointment this week and in a much-needed ray of sunshine, we think we have identified The Problem at last. Apparently when most people activate their abs, both their upper and lower abs join in. Not mine, it seems. They just sit peering about vaguely, saying 'huh?' when requested to do their bit. Well, not any more. The lazy little bastards are about to get the shock of their lives when I pummel them with the new exercises the physio gave me. Bwahahaha! And I'm allowed to swim again - not freestyle yet, just breaststroke and backstroke but I'm not whingeing no no no noooo. Also allowed to cycle again as often and as far as I like.
Edit: I have just been to the pool; I got tired alarmingly early but it was lovely anyway.
More anon, plodders-on

2 comments:

Tea said...

Welcome back to the pool!

I am sincerely sorry about the family's loss. Nothing is as hard for as seeing my kids heartbroken.

philippa_moore said...

So sorry to hear about the loss in your family :(