Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Heading North

what with the Man Of The House away in Melbourne with his parents it's been a matter of squeezing in workouts where I can - two hours between clients is enough time to finish notes, eat, get to the pool, run on the spot at the deep end for half an hour SO FUN. NOT, and return my appearance to the understated elegance so important in my work hahahaha but really, smelling of chlorine simply wouldn't be the thing. I called in my last babysitting markers with Mum (and promised her Foxtel when she gets to the nursing home) so I could hit the gym tonight. I began my session with a consummate demonstration of Rowing Machine Epic Fail, 44 seconds slower than on Sunday for the same distance and RPE (Rate of Perceived Effort - it's all jargon all the time at the gym you know, must fit in!). SO FUN. NOT. But then there were nice clanky machines to heave around and really not that many mirrors. And the music's not bad. I like to keep up with what the kiddies are listening to.
Unfolded washing situation is becoming dire. J's half of the bed is completely covered!  I'll have to set the alarm early tomorrow so we have things to pack for Sydney! I've never been there (don't faint) and am looking forward to it very much despite the craziness it's taking to get there.
More anon, fast talkers!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

unfolded laundry is always dire at my house. and my kids aren't at home anymore, so I really don't understand why we can't keep up, but we clearly can't!

cilosophy said...

Fuck the washing (sorry, feral today)
We always try harder when there is an attractive person near us.

Anonymous said...

Too much washing is a sign of .......EXERCISE! When you don't exercise there is no washing, you wear one boring set of clothes all day, but when you exercise there are many many changes and THAT is why there is too much washing. (seriously, hide it, or treat it like the floordrobe that we have at our place some times and get dressed straight out of it/ off it) Sara