I was out running this morning - more on the general state of awesomeness of things in another post; suffice it to say I've had a lot of extra washing of exercise clothes to do lately - and had stopped to stretch my calf when an old lady in a motorised wheelchair thingy trundled up
Doing that'll cost you a lot of money she said
Pardon? quoth I (all I could think of, in my innocence, was this top comes from Kmart - but little did I know...)
Well you've obviously spent a lot of money putting on all that weight and now you're going to waste it
*brief pause whilst images of her being trampled beneath a ravening mongol horde flit through the dumbfounded LBTEPA noggin*
You're very rude. Go away.
Well good luck to you anyway dear
*sound of teeth grinding as only LBTEPA's superb upbringing prevents her from pushing the old harpy under a passing ute*
I've spent the day catching sight of myself in windows and wondering is that what people see? I feel a bit unsettled. It'll wear off, I'm sure, but I was just so gobsmacked at her thoughtless nastiness.
Bitch.
I'm going to the pool tomorrow in my fierce new black togs. Anyone of normal eyesight and judgemental mind can SUFFER.
Roooaaarrrrr!!!!!
More anon, khans!
6 comments:
Ahh, old people, you've got to love them.. My uncle asked me how 'someone like me' managed to land a tall handsome fit man like my husband.. I nearly let it ruin my holiday. Enjoy your swim luv x
I am going to need more details if you want me to hunt her down and regret the day she trundled out the front door. Wow Al-I hope you don't let one old fool upset you. And as for worrying about "what people see" I hope you realise that most people look at someone exercising and think "I wish I could do that." Sara
What the hell? Thought she was being smart or something?
It amazes me the things people will say, like their opinion holds some weight (no pun intended).
What the heck? All I can think to explain that is that she has some deep seated anger at being in the chair...
What an awful person!
I wouldnt tar all old folks with the same brush, but that sounds like a horrible lady!
Well, she sounds ghaaaaaastly, and I'd be surprised if she has anyone left who loves her with a mouth like that on her!! Plus - reality check - I've seen the pics you've posted on here of yourself from time to time - she's talking out of her arse. You're fine. Now stop fretting and go run your delightful butt out the door and enjoy that you can!! P.s - am I the only one finding that coming back to running after 7 months off for injury SUCKS! I can't run at all anymore!! :-(
Post a Comment