It may not surprise you to learn that I am often quite strict with my poor dear Noddie. One of her jobs is to clean the bathrooms, and our Saturday mornings are often enlivened with the sounds of
Those bathrooms need to be done before you go to your firend's house
I don't wannnna.
You don't have to want to, you just have to do it
I'll do it laaaaater
If you'd started when you were asked you'd be finished by now
Oh Mummmmmy you're so meeeeean
Can't I just get a drink
No! Just go and do it!
(huffy flounce)
etc etc
The other day it struck me that I was doing exactly the same thing (without the lame bleating, I mean, calling me mean, she has No Idea how mean I can get, foolish child) with my exercises. Mangled ankle or not - and let's not go there, the world didn't end last night, we're all in a good mood - I could still do my core work, stretches and weights if I wasn't wallowing in self-pity. Clearly the LBTEPA mojo needs some help. To this end I have summoned the LBTEPA Behaviour Modification Unit (Junior Division).
You said you were going to do your exercises
I don't wannnna.
You don't have to want to, you just have to do it
I'll do it laaaaater
If you'd started when you were asked you'd be finished by now
Oh you're so meeeeean
Can't I just get my 1p0d?
No! Just go and do it!
(huffy flounce)
It's working a treat. My core and arms hardly know themselves, and Noddie thinks it's hilarious
More anon, comrades!
2 comments:
Ha, reminds me of a song that was really popular when I was in Japan. It was called toire no kami or something like that. It's about a girl who had to live with her grandmother when she was young and was made to clean the toilet. Her grandmother tells her there is a god in the toilet! It's a really cute song.
That is gold.
I bet Noddy is loving turning the tables on you. I'm glad your getting the exercise it. (I am also very pleased with your idea of making Noddie clean the bathrooms...)
Emma
Post a Comment