My chest is clear. It's 52 days until that That Big Long Run Coming Up. It's time to get on with it, smarten up, knuckle down, nose to the grindstone etc etc.
By "on with it" (etc etc), I mean " get to the start of TBLRCU, and then to the finish in time to get some bling". This, in turn, means "uninjured, and with as consistent a base as possible". I haven't actually been mucking around to date, but I've been able to be a little bit casual with my training in my previous marathons I still can't actually believe I've done so many. Beware, you novices! They creep up on you..... This time it's different. In order to have as possible to the VSM#5 that I want, I need to Pay Attention To The Details (ewwwww....)
I want to go sub-6 on interrupted training - there, I SAID IT, I WANT ANOTHER SUB-6 - so I need to hit my target of 5-6 workouts a week. It would be helpful to be lighter, so I need to eat and drink less. An aside: there will be no calorie restrictions - just a lot more thought and a lot less mindless stuffing of the face. The "A few mouthfuls less" method has resulted in my dropping 3.5kg over the last couple of months, so I'll stick with it for now.
It. Is. On.
But what does it all mean, you ask? (as well you might).
It means all marathon all the time at Chateau LBTEPA. It means details of the workouts I tick off on the the schedule, and lame excuses when I don't. It means bleating. It means posting my weight on the interweb (ewwwwwwww....)
Oh my, LBTEPA - that sounds, great, but scary! How can we help?
Oh you are so sweet! Thanks! (It's fun inside my imagination....)
It would be really helpful if you could
- cheer me on
- reassure me
- give me reality checks at appropriate times
- send cases of HTFU as required
Mind you, you also have the option of fleeing, never to return. This could get quite dull. You have been warned.
More anon, champions!
6 comments:
Wooohooo! Awesome. It's never dull, you inspire us all!.
Good luck xxx
You are amazing Al! I am not as brave as you about posting my weight on the interwebs- respect. You know I plan on being there when you run past triumphantly.
#5!!! How awesome is that?
Imagination is a very very powerful tool. Sometimes there are valid reasons for skipping workouts, not just lame excuses. :)
You are going to do GREAT!!!! :) You totally got the sub-six. :)
RAH RAH RAH {shakes pom poms} GO LBTEPA! (how am I doing?)
My nerve appears to have responded to your call to HTFU. So, I'm hoping to be somewhere behind you (sadly, for me, right now sub 6 is a happy dream. It will happen, maybe not now.)
I join you in hoping for the best on interrupted training.
Emma
Post a Comment