Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Pop!

....is the sound of both my calf and its grade 2+ (?) strain = 3-4 weeks no running/minimal walking/cycling donotaggravateit!! = no half marathon in July. Lesson learned: don't let optimism lead you to make non-cancellable hotel bookings bugger bugger bugger way to rub it in. It is also the sound of my happy little bubble of progress toward my Big Scary Goals. Bugger bugger bugger. Mood: discouraged but determined. I've taken down my marathon medals from the bedroom wall and given all my old 'one day I'll get into them again' clothes to the Red Cross. If I drop some lard I'll get new ones.
This is my life now and that's how it is.
(picture not to scale :P)
All core and glutes and upper body, all the time. I may even go swimming one of these days. I haven't pulled out of the Melbourne half yet, because I can get a refund until the end of August. I can't cancel that hotel either. Bloody optimism!
Of course, it's not all bad!
Gratuitous topless red hot spunks - blessings: counted!
More anon, gym bunnies!

2 comments:

Tea said...

Dammit all! I guess I'll have to hold on to my cowbell and hope for the Melbourne half.

MorseyRuns said...

Hey Al, I made a non refundable error too so I rang them and they kindly refunded when I asked them to. You could try that? Sara