Monday, June 27, 2016

Friends

I realised the other day that I was seeing missed workouts as failures rather than completed workouts as successes. No wonder it's been hard!
But I've solved the problem! I've found myself a peer group! A mutual cheer squad! A struggling, knocked-around-by-life,  cheerful, indomitable little band with Big Dreams and hope in our hearts!
D is an old school friend I've kept very loosely in touch with. While his wife was dying of brain cancer he coped with food and beer and tv. Now he's picking himself up and starting The Man Challenge! Go Dazza go! The other person is my dear friend the Might Emma. She has so often picked me up and given me a shove in the right direction; I would absolutely not have finished my last half marathon without her by my side. Now it's my turn! Go Emma go! I'm so excited!
More anon, strivers!

3 comments:

cilosophy said...

Gotta have your squad. It's all about the squad for me.

Tea said...

Hahahahaha. I don't know what I love more: your post or the picture.

MorseyRuns said...

Hope you all give each other the momentum- it is so crappy in Winter when you feel like you are out there by yourself, unless you feel smug when you are out there:) GO TEAM!