Friday, October 16, 2015

Behold!

On Sunday, most likely with help from ventolin, cough syrup and immodium if the week's trend continues, I'll be covering 21.1km on foot. Yay!! It'll probably take me close to four hours (see above, plus the 20-odd extra kgs I'll be hauling around) but you know what?
Last Christmas I couldn't walk Noddie to school without pain. I had to think about every single step I took. Now, if I can walk/run a half marathon, then I will do so, wheeze and cough be damned. Especially one where the finish is in a great big cool stadium with 10000 of my closest friends, including The Mighty Emma, YAY! Team Stupidly Determined races together again!! and I get a medal!
The Spousal Unit and I had lunch today with a non-sporty friend. When I spoke of my plans for the weekend, she got a very funny look on her face
I mentioned this to the Spousal Unit later: she thinks I'm mad, doesn't she? Do you think I'm mad? Well, quoth he, you've always been a bit mad...nothing wrong with being a bit mad.
I *heart* the Spousal Unit.
I've made up a playlist for Sunday with three hours 59 minutes of music. My goal is to only hear any of it once. But if not... behold the field! I'm just soooo taken with that!
More anon, caution-tossers!

1 comment:

Tea said...

Yay! 3:59! 3:59! GO TEAM STUPIDLY DETERMINED!

Also, I'm stealing your pictures. Don't be surprised if you see them on my blog.