Thursday, August 20, 2015

of mice and men

The entire story of the last few months could be 'life got in the way of my best laid plans'. But it never used to, even when things were super-challenging, so it's my doing really. I have to keep working at it, just chipping away at making exercise an always-do/who-I-am thing rather than a negotiable priority. I'll work it out. I'm a bit peeved becuase my lower back has taken to spasming and shrieking at me, which is unpleasant. I'm hammering the roller and stretching and if it hasn't come good by next week I'll go back to the cranky and disapproving yet extremely good physio.
I've pondered the 'do the open water swim without a wetsuit and be sneered at running up the finish chute as my unconstrained lard flops about' - this DID happen last year (I DO have togs on, in case that gave the wrong impression!) - and have come to the conclusion that I must focus on the 30 min of enjoyable swimming not the 90sec of humiliation at the end. I can't get my wetsuit back as the person to whom I have lent it is a) training for her first ironman b) afraid of water and c) also doing the event. meh.
Then again, I could lash out for a ticket to Brisbane instead to see my footy team, who this season have made me very very happy with their best performance in many a long year....hmmm... hot blokes in tight shorts and a reasonably likely win? Hmmm.....
More anon, flyboys!

2 comments:

K said...

I've been in this dodgy life got in the way zone too. As you say, onwards!

MorseyRuns said...

I have one of your wetsuits! I will bring it to you if you need it. Please- I have been feeling terrible about keeping it this long. Sara