Monday, July 08, 2013

Want want want

Soon, my darlings, soon there will be a post that doesn't start with my foot hurts and my chest and sinuses are horribly infected and I feel like a limp dishrag but I'm being patient and I'm sure things will get better. I swear there will.
But all is not a vale of tears in the existence of LBTEPA. Ice and antibiotics are working their magic, and Day 1 of Marathon Training surely cannot be far off. And *squeals and girly handflaps* GUESS WHAT ??? I WENT FOR A RIDE ON MY BIKE ON SUNDAY!!!!! I was going to ride to the pool to do my superfun(not) workout but then Noddie wanted to come and then she wanted to keep on riding and then when we went home 20 minutes later (twenty whole minutes oh how the mighty have fallen eh?) the infected-chest headspins decided to kick in so I had a rest instead. But you have to start somewhere, no? And OHMYWORDHOWFUNISRIDINGYOURBIKE??????? It's pretty scary to feel so weak and have so very far to go to get back into any sort of shape, but I'm starting to feel as though I might be up for it.
You know what I want? There's a rail path that crosses the highway about 10km from our house. I want to be able to run there and back most weeks.I want to be able to swim 2km without feeling it the next day and be able to ride my bike for a couple of hours without thinking about it. I want to feel cheerful and strong and not get sick so often. And I want some of this.
Not the beer - I'm Dry this July, as you know (It's going very well, thanks for asking! Could you spare a fiver for a good cause?  Just click here) - the bling! How nice is that Gold Coast bling?
I said to the Spousal Unit the other day that I probably won't do the Gold Coast Marathon again becuase it's in July and I get sick a lot in the winter which messes with my training and my head - but then I saw this year's medal and the WANT really kicked in...oh my....soooo cool.....none of that outrageous same-sized medal with different paint and ribbon BS that Melbourne pulls.
But I digress.
I know what I want. There's a very long way to go - I haven't walked more than 2km for months, 400m is my limit in the pool and I mentioned my epic first bike outing...le sigh.... As my five faithful readers know, tThe LBTEPA method for getting what you want is keep working and keep smiling. It's worked for me a lot of the time, so I'm going to stick with it. All I have to do it get the foot and the sinuses and chest to co-operate and we're good as gold!
What do you want? And how do you plan to get it?
More anon, froth-heads!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that this year's GCM bling? It's nice. I've got a spot on the wall for a bit of GCM bling action.

Hope to see you at the starting line, some time soon.

Emma

Tea said...

The first step is supposed to be small. We can't just climb a mountain in one giant leap. You have done an amazing job of staying focused. It's ok to be frustrated and want everything NOW.

As for "What do I want? And how do I plan to get it?" That is an excellent question. I thought I knew, but I think I need to really think about that now.