I don't know that the full import of my last post imparted itself to my five faithful readers.
I WENT FOR A RIDE ON MY BIKE.
I WENT OUTSIDE.
ON MY OWN.
AND WORKED UP A SWEAT.
OUTSIDE.
ON MY OWN.
ON MY BIKE.
FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE MAY.
Just writing that put the most massive grin on my face, and I'm currently this ( - ) close to handing in the first draft of the Thesis That Ate My Brain howwillIgetitdonebytomorrwarrgghhh? so it's only the most fabulous thoughts that can plaster a smile on this dial. Hello bike = helloooo instant good mood!!! My family plans to present my physio with a plaque to express their gratitude. It's pretty quiet where I live. A morning ride to the gym might involve seeing perhaps two cars, but instead some pretty mist over the parks and the river valley. There are cockatoos and lorikeets. It's coming up to magpie season but I'll deal with that. You can't bring me down off my high. Oh my friends, my friends, how I have missed that wonderful spinning-along feeling and the hum of the tyres as you ease on down the road. Do you ride a bike? Do you like it? Why? Share!
In other news, LBTEPA's family and friends are deeply saddened to advise her readers that apart from the odd velocipedic outing, gung-ho workout ninja LBTEPA has been reported missing, presumed gone troppo. They blame society.
There have been rumours as to her fate
and even sightings, although none from verifiable sources.
A search party has been despatched
but really all we can do is hope for the best and trust in the old LBTEPA pluck to bring her safely home.
More anon, whip-crackers!



3 comments:
Yes! I love riding. Why? I don't really know. I guess it is the closest thing to flying that I can find.
I know have three bikes after the recent addition of a flat bar road bike to ride along the trail to work each day and back again- even in the pouring rain it makes me smile even going to work! I ride home after work at 11pm in the dark and I still love it! Glad you are back zooming along Al:) Sara
I haven't been on a bike for yonks. It's such a freeing, amazing feeling :) glad to hear you're feeling good!
PS: Can you please remind me what LBTEPA stands for? I am one of your five faithful readers but I've forgotten!!
Post a Comment