Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Perils of LBTEPA

See this? It's a very dangerous exercise known as a static lunge with a band. I was doing this yesterday at the gym (although certainly not wearing head-to-toe brown, nor brown of any kind for that matter. Please.) as part of my very first go at my Exciting New Program at the Temple of Sweat. I like my program, for the most part. I like gyms. I like the machines and the clanking and the little adjustable knob thingos. I may just have a teeny crush on the rowing machine - so much more fierce than the stationary bike! I don't even mind the Noise The Young'uns Call Music These Days
But I don't like static lunges with bands.
I got this picture from g00gle images. There aren't any pictures of what it's like when the band slips out from under your foot and smacks you in the eyes.

Ow.

The muscular tatooed bloke on the next machine swore and got the gym attendant to bring some ice. I didn't swear, nor did I cry (until I got home), because that is the LBTEPA Way. My eye is still a bit swollen this morning and I have a bit of a headache, but I am going back this afternoon to finish that damn workout.

I'm sure I ticked the "all exercises must be 100% nuffy-proof" box on my assessment. Le sigh......

More anon, Ironsides!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are made of steel, Alison.
hope the eye gets better x
Cilla

Shauna said...

Oh the glamour! I hope you are feeling better, that sounds awful!

Tea said...

OH NO! I've had the handles whip back and hit my hand, and IT HURTS LIKE HELL.

Wow, I'm glad you didn't put an eye out.