- Running shoes that are not completely worn out don't make your feet and knees hurt. Note to self: mark the date on them somewhere.
- These shoes don't make my feet and knees hurt either. They may blind bystanders with their fabulousness but I can't help that.
- The lurgi that hath laid low half my town is of a treacherous and deceitful type, viz., it pretends to bugger off and then when you're reaching slightly-less-feebly for a bite of something more substantial than dry toast, returns with a vengeance. I tricked mine this morning: I went out for a stagger before I'd properly woken up so I didn't register how crappy I was feeling until I was out watching the sunrise and bidding a gay good morning to the sprightly octogenarians and their foxies fox terriers, what were YOU thinking?. Worked like a charm - I was slow as a wet week but got the ks done and didn't die. KPIs achieved!
- The sum total of Australian awesomeness dropped this week. Jim Stynes and Lincoln Hall have died. Let us learn from their lives. Live the dream, people! Go big or go home!
And fill up your life with small sparkly joys while you're at it.
- I am not entering the Gold Coast Marathon until the last week of May I have done a 30km training run. I am not entering the Gold Coast Marathon until I have done a 30km training run.. I am not entering the Gold Coast Marathon until I have done a 30km training run.. I am not entering the Gold Coast Marathon until I have done a 30km training run. Let sense rule over optimism this once.
THE CAST: J, the Spousal Unit;
Number One Daughter (Noddie). IN SUPPORTING ROLES: Mum, Dad, Sibs 1, 2 and 3; the friends, A, M, L, & V; and the cellmates.
I am a wife, mum, daughter, friend, sister, wannabe endurance athlete, and counsellor. I try to be kind, honest, brave and interested in the world.