Monday, March 28, 2011

Maaaaaaaaate....

Maaaaaaaaaate......
There is just So Much Going On at Schloss LBTEPA. I am almost speechless with feeling overwhlemed, and since bleating maketh not for a good blog, I have shut myself away from you, my five faithful readers. But you know what? No more. Best brace yourselves.
After a week of bleah, I've got over the Bastard Sinus Infection from Hell, which I must say was a pale shadow of its previous incarnations. I also must point out that it's been six months since I was last really crook, which is unheard of here at the LBTEPA Centre for Disease Control. I've been to Melbourne for a couple of days for uni don't get me started on how shabbily we are being treated now that the course is no longer taking students grrrrrrrrrrr and realised that I have so much work to do that between now and mid-June Noddie and the Spousal Unit might just as well get used to pushing pita bread under the study door
*fans self at the frightening enormity of it all*
Ooh ooh ooh!! I meant to tell you!!!! Not only did we shell out for our tickets to the US during the week, but I also signed up for Goofy! It. Is. Really. Happening. The entries have been open for a couple of weeks but the link to the size chart for the race shirts was broken for a while and I wasn't taking the chance of getting the wrong size. Stop laughing! This little jaunt is expensive and I want mementos that I can wear to the shops for years to come.
Ok for shops
Not ok for shops
It's 96 days until VSM#4 and all I can say is AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! I did 20.5km on Sunday morning, after getting off the train at 10pm the previous night ('coz I'm just hardcore like that) *snort*. In my infinite wisdom, rather than a nice out-and-back along the rail trail (shade, level, asphalt) I chose to do a point-to-point to the inlaws', where Noddie was staying because J was on an early shift blah blah blah boring domestic minutiae. From now on when I drive or ride my bike along a charming country road chockers with scenic vistas etc etc I will notice whether there is any verge to the road (a clue: no) or a noticeable and irritating camber most of the way (clue: yes). It was good to get into that almost peaceful mindset where there's a long way to go and there's nothing you can do about it and it's not a bad day really and it doesn't hurt that much. Mind you this reverie was frequently interrupted by %$&#*! A car! Jump into the bushes! but that was ok too. I got there in one piece. I'm glad I don't have to do a marathon today.
Back to the study now. I don't really care for pita bread that much.
More anon, big dreamers!

4 comments:

IHateToast said...

i can't remember about the sizes. i'm about to go to bed, so ask me on fb and i'll make mark answer.

as for the food, share the meal. we do. they don't mind. they might charge you for a plate, but it's so cheap, you won't notice.

when you're in hawaii, try kalua pork. it's luau pork. some mexican restaurants have it--mmmfuuuusion. kalua quesadillas are to die for. srsly.

Wes said...

oh, bleat away dear, your five faithful readers are numb to it now :-)

bwahahaha!

Unfortunately, we have hit a snag for Disney, cuz there's no way to gaurantee that Teh Bug will have that weekend off... boo! Still working on it though!

Mary Sunshine said...

You are so wonderful...I wish I could find better words...fun, colorful, happy, rich, energetic words like the ones you use... but my brain fails me and all I can say is that Jan at Disney will be so very much fun!!!!!!!

Likely I'm in for the half with you and then will hope to lead the wild cheering as you tick off the miles to collecting your windfall of bling!

Anonymous said...

I don't like to question you, but I have to ask: why is a fistful of medals not appropriate for the shops?

(I carried my half marathon medal for a while, and some chick decided to put it on. I didn't punch her, but did say 'You just haven't earnt it yet, baby.')

Emma