Saturday, July 31, 2010

chewing

so
it's the end of week 2 of the semester and thanks to the bastard sinus infection from hell, (thankfully much improved) I've done half of the reading for week one. My placement supervisor isn't answering my emails. There are 10 weeks to go until Very Slow Marathon #3 and my longest run in the last two weeks is 100 minutes. I love my new job and I'm learning heaps but had some, er, unhelpful guidance from my boss which has resulted in a backlog of paperwork it will take a while to get through with my new case load. Scary stuff.
A recent release from LBTEPA's press office clearly outlines current policy on Situation Overload 2010. It may be summarised as follows: all is not lost! I'm almost properly well again after weeks and weeks and weeks of being crook. It's a huge thing to have energy and optimism again. The Spousal Unit steps up when I need him. I don't need to watch as much tv as I do, we can all walk now so my floors can remain putrid, and Noddie can put away her own clothes. As I discussed with the mighty Emma recently - who punched out her second marathon today!!! With hills!!!Yay for you darl! - we in Team Stupidly Determined know how to keep going. We don't, however, know how to give up. I have many awesome shoes and earrings so there is no danger of slipping standards of fabulousness.
My five faithful readers know that I am a Lord of the Whinge. I fear the Bleat, but know its power as a precursor to renewed striving when the soft-boiled eggs hit the fan. I have everything I need to get everything done. I even have a Plan.
The Plan is this: Most importantly:Better get the kettle on. More anon, tannin fans!

7 comments:

Duane said...

glad you are healing up!!!

Tea said...

oh *sniff sniff*. I thought you were referring to me.

Unknown said...

Keep calm and carry on....I love it!

Anonymous said...

I am beginning to think this is your new normal state (but usually with more phlegm!)- many tough goals, tight time frames and successful achieving of said goals. Go for it!

Sara

Sue said...

As my family likes to say 'If you can't make a decision, you can at least make a cup of tea.'

Anonymous said...

Michelle would love the Tea Plan ... :-)

Wes said...

I fear the Bleat

You do not know the power of the dark side! {clenches fist}

:-)

Glad to hear you are approaching normalcy (physically anyways) :-D