Thursday, June 11, 2009

Snakes and Ladders

Snake - another go-around with the crook-as-a-dog fairy. No more phlegm remarks though, I'm working on being more phlegmatic hahahaha I'm soooo funny
Ladder - at last it's been diagnosed as an infection so I can have some DRUGS and finally GET PROPERLY BETTER after five #%$ing weeks *bangs head on desk in frustration*
Snake - my longest run before Run Melbourne will be 13km, if the drugs work
Ladder - my recent training slogfests mean I am very well practiced at just keeping on going. Three hours? No problem! Le sigh...
Snake - the likelihood of a PB for either Run Melbourne or the Gold Coast with this trashed training is infinitesimal *gnashes teeth in disappointment, fakes plucky grin*
Ladder - race entries are expensive. By going very slowly I will be really getting my money's worth. I get bling anyway.
Snake - my knees were really hurting during my 'long' hahahaha run on Sunday - WTF? Since when do my knees hurt?
Ladder - a few painful minutes reacquainting myself with my foam roller ow ow ow ow and I was right as rain.
Snake - Noddie has been waking up a lot at night = Mummy hasn't had an unbroken night's sleep for a week
Ladder - feeling jetlagged without leaving home is kind of amusing, and after my epic 4am dummy-spit the other night she's been much better about not calling out.
Snake - my exams are in a week and a half and I've only just started revising
Ladder - ummmmm.........I'll need to make a progress chart! Yay for charts!Ladder - the Self-Efficacy Chart has been a great success. I've reminded myself that I can make positive changes even when life's path seems a trifle rocky. I've had five AFDs in a row for three weeks, got back into the habit of drinking lots of water and shed almost 2kg *beams*
It's been freezing here this week, which would seem to be a snake but is actually a ladder, providing as it does the the opportunity to wear my fabulous hot pink raincoat. It's all in how you look at it, daaahlings.......
More anon, stylish ruggers-up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It don't mean a thing if you don't get that bling!

I am sure you will do fine. Considering the travails jut getting there and back again would be achievement enough for me.

jeanne said...

you really REALLY deserve a medal for ... everything! Several medals! no fun being sick for that long. No fun at all.

You know the drill: Just put one foot in front of the other and TRY to have fun. You should just take the watch off for this one!

(what exactly is "revising"??? We don't have that here in the states. no wonder we're such dummies.)

Tea said...

I would agree with Jeanne, you deserve a medal...maybe a Phlegm medal....oh wait, delete that.

Anonymous said...

Your posts are the best, even if you are sick! Crikey you deserve a break.

Benson said...

good luck and shake that sicky.
You'll have fun.