Sunday, October 12, 2008

Marathon Sunday*

aka if you can't join 'em, cheer for 'em
aka
it's far better form to hand out refreshments and yell encouragement than to sulk on the couch at home feeling jealous and disappointed
If I'd been running, which I really really wanted to do - and which I WILL be doing in 09 - then I wouldn't have been part of the great Coolrunning cheersquad - our motto: what we lack in numbers we make up for in enthusiasm - and wouldn't have spent the morning with the lovely Secret Sara (sign painter extraordinaire), Pink Lady, Kylie and Davo, waving our streamers and yelling at people to remember, you're a marathoner! and think of the medal! Noddie wouldn't have been doing thisor this(or this)I really really wanted to go the after-race do and catch up with some of my lovely imaginary internet friends but I couldn't, especially after Noddie behaved perfectly the whole five and a half hours we were there but was asleep in the car within minutes of setting off for home. I had a brief Pouty McSulkfest but am over it now. Huge HUGE congratulations to everyone who toed the line on such a hot windy day. I hope the jelly snakes and icypoles helped.

More anon, cheerers from the sidelines!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great signage!

Anonymous said...

Great work by all of you - sorry I breezed thru - if I had stopped I won't have started again ...

Eat Em

Unknown said...

Oh she's too cute with her cheering signs. :-)

Anonymous said...

wow ur 252 i thought u looked old

Wes said...

Being a spectathlete is awesome! and you included Noddie too. How awesome is that!! :-)

Anonymous said...

that's a long time for a kid to be cheering for imaginary fwins.

good to see you. i must have forgotten that you couldn't run. once i land, i expected you to be in the line. oh well. at least i got to mash boobs with you twice.

Anonymous said...

A bit late but thanks for your cheering :) :) :) legs were back to normal from the Wednesday after the marathon :)


Frankie