Somehow I must always remember how good this feels.There’s a permanent FIGJAM grin on my face and I feel lighter than air – I did it!
I did all the work – day after day I went through that too-busy too-tired wall that was really called your dreams aren’t worth chasing after. I did all the planning and scheduling and fitting-in-with-the-family and one-less-piece-of-pizza. I gave the finger to the fear and the shame of being too fat and too slow and the you don’t belong here, everyone will laugh at you thoughts. After sitting through the carbo dinner with all those 43 minute-10km single-digit body-fat triathlon machines I wanted to cry, but I went home and packed my race bag and checked my elastic laces and made sure everything was ready. Next morning I went down and set up my stuff and I really wanted to run away, but I walked to the start through that wall of body image issues THAT WERE ALL IN MY HEAD and I started to swim. And I NAILED my nutrition plan - all hail the mighty Nutrition Plan! -and I kept on going and going and going until it was time to stop. Just the way I'd imagined.
I did it.
I did it.
Unbelievable.
*grin*
More anon, comrades. Race report on its way.
*I know my good friend Iron Wil won't mind me pinching her tagline.
14 comments:
Grrrr. It's gotta be Tuesday there already. Get on with it, will ya? Surely you don't have ANYTHING better to do than appease your adoring public :-)
Goosebumps, my dear. You just gave me goosebumps.
Woohoo! Looking forward to the full race report.
Stop teasing us! I need details right now, I need to run the run vicariously through you. Come on...
A TRIATHLON??? I just went all tingly!!!
Go YOU!
You ROCK!! Way to go. So Bloody proud.
New to your blog - great effort!!! Looking forward to more juicy details!
I AM SMILING SO HARD I THINK MY FACE IS GOING TO BURST!!!!
So much to think about in a race like that. Trusting the training, remembering the fueling and focusing on the right pace. Sounds easy, doesn't it? It's not. Not at all. There's a lot of choices and decisions that went into that medal. Dreams ARE worth chasing and grabbing and capturing and LIVING AGAIN AND AGAIN!
You wrote: "I did all the work – day after day I went through that too-busy too-tired wall that was really called your dreams aren’t worth chasing after. " I am printing this out and posting it on my wall.
Yee Haw! Great job. All smiles at the finish. You rock.
Yea! Way to go!
Congratulations!! I am new to your blog, and can't wait to read the full report!
You are amazing - well done :)
oh that was all so well said. you DID break thru the wall. and guess what, you soooo DO belong right there!
Post a Comment