I'm probably sounding gushy, but I've been having such a nice holiday this weekend - it feels as though I've been away for a week, not 3 days.
RUN REPORT
I went out for another run this afternoon and am bursting with pleasure at how beautiful it all was. I wish I could share it with you - the bare trees, the lovely impressionist colours of the river and the paddocks, the sounds of the tractors and the footy from the oval on the other side of the water, the smells of newly cut grass and leaf mulch.....
I really tried to use my trunk muscles more - it feels as though I am leaning right back and pushing my pelvis out, but I am aware that I normally lean fairly far forward so I was probably just running upright! But I couldn't believe what a difference it made in terms of fatigue - I was out for 1hr 10 (probably about 10.5 or 11km, a fairly long run esp lately) and I felt really strong. I think this technique change will make a big difference - I hope so anyway. The Spousal Unit may not be perfect (we had a row on Thursday; I will spare you the details but it was because he is so ******** he couldn't ********* his ************* if it was ****************). But he is really a dear - I was telling him about my run today and that I felt proud of myself, and he said, Well you should be! (warm contented glow). What a nice thing to say :)
One of the nicest things about running for me is that I can completely switch off and just enjoy the scenery, the music and the effort. Is 'elemental' the word I want?
FASHION, NODDIE AND WEIGHT LOSS NEWS
Mum and I were out buying the yarn for our current wild plan - we are madly in love with the latest 'feathers' yarn because the colours are so gorgeous, but couldn't think of anything to make with it, but then came up with the idea of buying 2 balls of each beautiful shade and making a rug out of 20cm squares. It will be gaudy, snuggly and delightfully warm - just like me, eh? LOL - when on the way back to the car we stuck our noses into a clothes shop where I was utterly smitten by a black, mid-thigh length trench coat with a very faint pale flower print all over it. It's slightly stretchy so it fits beautifully.....ooooh I was in love. BUT the Spousal Unit and I have a $25 impulse buy limit (and it was a bit more than that, despite being 75% off, woooooo hooooo) so regretfully I had to leave it behind. Of course J and I agreed I should have it! This morning Noddie was a bit out of sorts so I competely forgot about the coat during our outing. It's not wrong to run beside a pusher as it hurtles down a steep hill, as long as the child thinks it's hilarious...is it? There were no injuries anyway. After lunch I hastily drove to the shop - and it was still open! The coat is mine! I am stylish! Trinny and Susannah (from What Not to Wear)would be proud of me!!
Weight news: meh.
Nuggets amongst the dross: although I had too large a helping of chinese food last night, I didn't have seconds. I haven't had any of the biscuits that Noddie found, opened (she is a resourceful child) and ate all the jam off. I've eaten light lunches b/c I know I'm prone to dinnertime scoff-fests. That will have to do.
Seriously, blog,I cannot describe to you how joyful I feel to be exerting my body in the fresh air. How I have missed it. I don't care if I'm slow. It makes me happy to run (sometimes).
3 comments:
At 75% off it is a deadset bargain and all impulse rules should be lifted.
LOL if there were no rules for 'absolute bargains' my house would be full of car parts, with no room for fabulous coats
Trinny and Susannah are my heros! Will someone please call them to give me a makeover?
I have wanted to ask you something for a while now.... Was it ~you~ that got me the secret Valentines day massage? hmmmm?
Post a Comment