Thursday, July 27, 2006

FIGJAM

At uni today the lecture was about self-enhancement - our tendency to rate ourselves as not only better than others but also better than we actually are. One very strong research finding is that it is conducive to mental health to be narcissistic!! Woo hoo!! Let's all show off, skite, bignote ourselves, be tall poppies and otherwise celebrate what we can do and have done! (Raspberry sound) to modesty!!! Let's be proud of the obstacles we have ploughed through! The courage we have shown to get off the couch and keep on working to make our lives more the way we want them!! Go us!!
(I'm sorry, the author has been detained by the society for the prevention of cruelty to exclamation marks)

TRAP FOR YOUNG PLAYERS
I forgot: swimming makes me HUNGRY. It was VERY HARD to keep my head out of the fridge, and I was not very successful (ok I was a complete failure) at refraining from shovelling gratuitous kjs into my gob. Sigh. Tomorrow I will do better. I will. It was a lovely swim. I have bought a 20-visit pass so I have to go regularly. I don't know why I forget how much I enjoy it: strange, eh?

I have to run at stupid o'clock tomorrow b/c J has changed his shifts and I'm meeting Ann in the afternoon. Noddie and I will go into the city in the train (wild excitement). There will be walking, talking, laughing and drinking in large measures across the evening. Getting up early is a small price :)

1 comment:

Spark Driver said...

So all that stuff at the start means FIGJAM is good??