Tuesday, July 18, 2006

JFDI

This post is to elaborate on my goals. Exactly what do I want this blog to help me achieve?
1. lose the last 7kg. At the moment I've just started a new plan - for one month I will not drink at home unless J opens a bottle - without my suggesting it! Doesn't sound like much but little by little will get me there.
2. run at least 2 half marathons this year. The real goal is get fit enough to be able to run for 2 hours once a week. Next year I want to do a marathon. I might think about some triathlons this summer but they're not really on my radar at the moment.
3. organise our money so we can invest AND save. Once our investment property is rented out (soon, please, soon!) we will have a better picture of our actual incomings/outgoings and I can start acting on the investment plans I have been making. This all sounds as though I read the Fin Review for breakfast but I am a total nuffy at these things and am just learning. I just think it's important to have a plan (no, really?)
4. Become more productive at work.

At this stage uni isn't something I need help to get motivated with - but I am sure this blog will hear a lot of whining as the year progresses :)

So. Here are some short term actions (b/c that's all I can cope with) which WILL get me a step closer to my goals
1. Stick to the limited-wine plan. Watch portion sizes. Work on avoiding the 'after work carb-fest' (even rice crackers mount up)
2. Suck up the fact that my fitness has plummetted due to the great tooth disaster and the flu (no really, I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed to go to the DR and am still not 100%). This week I will aim for 2 x 40 min run as I'll be at Mum's for the weekend. For the next 3 weeks I will aim for 3 x 40 min run and 2 x weights.
3. Get FY06 tax organised. I will also ring the estate agent about the rental house.


4. This will be unutterably tedious to read, but I am so unmotivated at work and have so little supervision that I need to write down what I intend to do in a day and then come back at 5pm and say whether I've done it. Seriously, it's that bad. I feel ashamed and stagnant and a bit mad at my boss for not noticing that I have done bugger all for 6 months and now find it almost impossible to shrug off the crippling inertia of sloth. So, blog, you can help me JFDI (just do it). See you at 5pm
TODAY I WILL
- do all of my paperwork - DONE
- review the OH&S DVD - DONE
- revise 2 sections of the manual - NOT DONE :( I am so slack.
TOMORROW I WILL DO BETTER

I don't plan that posts will always be this long, BTW - today is my planning session.
GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPENED TODAY
Listening to the birds' 'dawn chorus' as I thoroughly enjoyed an extra 10 minutes in bed
That big sweety J noticed I'd left my bag in the car he was taking to work & brought it inside (he leaves before I do), so I had my purse, my phone, my diary - bless him :)
Noddie told me I was her best friend (awwww....teddy is also her best friend but I think there's room for more than one)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Welcome LBTEPA to the world of blogging. Congratulations on kicking it off and getting started in an 'official' sort of way.

I think you have kicked it along really nicely and I had to laugh about the work list thing. I currently have my list next to me with 2 nice ticks against it as I have become so disenchanted with the actual work I am doing that I find I can easily waste the day away unless I have my list to help keep me accountable.

So, good luck on this part of your journey. I hope it brings you all you want and / or need and know that I will be a regular visiter as you have been to me.

Have a lovely day and if you need any help at all re the side bar or anything else on the blog, just drop me a line and I will see what I can do :D