She was probably a bit over-excited because we were packing the car so I can drive to Mum's straight after work tonight for a long weekend. I work the first part of the week and uni doesn't start again until next week, and J is working so I'm off on my own! Yippeee! The Spousal Unit will bring Noddie into work for the "handover" and we will take straight off, and get there about 9pm (it's 300km). I don't often get to drive as J is quite old-fashioned about that sort of thing, so I'm looking forward to a night drive into the country!
I've packed my running gear so I can go out on the river path near Mum's place. Bliss!
*you will notice I've just worked out how to work the "bold" function*
Holiday things to look forward to
- shopping with Mum. Why is it I hate shopping near home but away is ok?
- going out for coffee
- sitting around reading, knitting, listening to the footy on the radio - except when Mum has the horse racing on
- running in a beautiful setting
- singing and dancing to Playschool with Noddie and Mum. Mum was a kinder teacher for many years so she gets right into it :)
- going for walks with Noddie. This is what she did last time we were there
GOAL UPDATE
(I nearly typed "goad update" - how apt, eh?)
No wine - CHECK
No carb-fest - well, less of one than Monday, so CHECK
Portion sizes - CHECK
Rang estate agent. No tenants yet but plenty of enquiries and I'm keeping the agent on his toes (a long story, but a GOOD THING) - CHECK
TODAY I WILL - see you at 5pm :P
Respond to emails and clean out folders - this took ages since I have been neglecting it but CHECK
Make the calls I need to do - CHECK
Revise 2 sections of manual - I am clearly avoiding this!
Email about project 1 - CHECK
GOOD THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED TODAY
Noddie didn't get run over.
We were dancing and pretending to be leaves
The traffic was miraculous - we left 15 minutes late, thanks to Noddie's adventure, and I got to work on time!
3 comments:
I love dancing like a leaf. We play this often, or a snowflake, or a raindrop - LOL they all turn out the same.
And Noddie is very cute covered in mud.
I am glad you found her safely, it is the most horrible feeling when they are out of your sight for even a second.
Have a great long weekend :D
When I worked in daycare we had a kid who was a runner... and the center was on a busy street, with a ramp to the playground. Once he ran on me and I had to catch him. I didn't know whether I wanted to throttle him or hug him when I caught him, but I was very, very angry! I also found out from that experience that I had a bad heel spur - and the day after it happened I could barely stand!!!
I can only imagine that it's that much more terrifying when it's your child!
Oh, and she is just ADORABLE! She's so cute! That muddy little face and those curls! :)
It's about time you have a blog! I've only been telling you to get one for like a year ;) ! I've added you to my links... :)
Thanks for the cute kid warning. She's adorable mud and all.
Welcome to the world of blogging.
Post a Comment