Stuff I learned this morning
- 33km is A Very Long Way
- I'm STUPIDLY determined
- I should have listened to Secret Sara All praise to Her Infinite wisdom!
- shouting at your ipod after it falls off for the 100000000000000th time doesn't help
- You'll never walk alone kept me from giving up and ringing J for a lift home.
- When you are having an utterly crappy time, don't talk to anyone. Listen to your music. Think about the next four minutes. Do. Not. Cry. You can cry when you get home.
- even if I have as slow, painful and difficult a run as I did today, I'll make the Marathon time cutoff.
- if you just step into your ice bath wearing all your running clothes it somehow makes it better.
- next time I think I'll do (INSANE THING X) just to see what it's like, I'll think about it again and say naaaaaah........
More anon, strivers
14 comments:
you are amazing :)
you are a ROCKSTAR DIVA!!! Seriously!! GO YOU!!!
I so DON'T believe that last point!
You ran 33 kms, that's so awesome.
Great run. 33km is definitely a long way. Except it is a bit annoying to run so far and for so long to end up back at the same place again (home).
So at work tomorrow tell people you ran from Carrum into the city. They'll freak out that you are still able to stand!
Go you! I always phoned home from 2km away, and put in my list of demands. (I want a pint of cold staminade, pancakes, and the ice bath. And a fresh pair of legs.)
33km. Since you can do that, you'll finish the marathon.
You DID do it! :-)
33 freaking kilometres! You're a superstar!!!!!!!
even if I have as slow, painful and difficult a run as I did today, I'll make the Marathon time cutoff
enough said.
you'll be fine, if not a little stinky.
word verification: grapsise ... sounds like crapsise. i like it.
That is a LONG WAY TO RUN!! and please, I invented SLOW. you don't even know the meaning of the word!!!
Gerry and the pacemakers?! I LOVE IT!
Anyone can run when it's easy. It's running when its hard that defines us. Its great to have a tough run in training and conquered so when things get tough at the marathon you can draw on that experience and now that you did it then and you can do it now. Keep up the good work!
I know its crazy, but it does get easier!! Keep up the hard work, chica!!
It's these runs that come back to you in that last 5km of the marathon...no freackin way I am giving up NOW!
If I read the website correctly, the cutoff time is 7hours? HECK YEAH, you'll do it. AND I bet you have a much better time than you expect.
I think it's just taper talking.
You have to start believing now how good you are, you rock super star!!
Good on ya!!!!!!!
Post a Comment