Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Now I suppose I'll have to get one of those countdown doovers


Damn you, online entry! How many more times will I rue my impulsivity? How many days left until October 7th?

This thing has A CUTOFF TIME AT 11KM!
If I make it, I get to do a lap of the MCG!!!!!!!
I can pretend I'm Kerryn McCann.

I feel faint.

MUCH more anon, big dreamers.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! You signed up. Now make it happen!!

Wes said...

Yay! I learned a new word. Now I'm going to have to figure out how to fit "doover" into my vocab :-)

Hooray for you for signing up! What's an 11KM cutoff?

Tony said...

Congrats on the registration of your race! I am doing a half in October as well, and I am really excited about it.

Spark Driver said...

The Melbourne Marathon looks awesome. I'm just waiting to be more finacial and I too can be like Kerryn McCann (delete crop top, insert singlet)

Anonymous said...

A lap of the G, the adoring crowd. The promise of bling. What more can a girl want?

jeanne said...

wowwwiee!!!

MCG and McCann in one post!!! Now all you have to do is change one letter and we're practically related! (AM I MAKING ANY SENSE? I am to me!)

this is awesome. Oct 7 sounds perfect! I'm so excited for you!

jeanne said...

that article cracked me up. "McCann said this, McCann said that." McCann WINS! that's probably the only time i will see those words in print! Unless I type them myself!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely in, just waiting to get the cash to do it so it will prolly be a week or two.

The program I'm doing is a half marathon training one but it's only supposed to be 12 weeks so I modified it to take me up to MM day. I like it because it's dead simple - 1 or 2 easy runs a week, a long run then varying speed sessions. I've put it into a spreadsheet if you want me to send it to you. Also if you want to get together for some training runs, let me know.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Yay, countdown timers! Is this your first half mary? Time to start training!

S. Baboo said...

Whoohoo! things to count down! Now I want something else to count down to.

Celeste said...

Now you're committed!! I'm excited for you, and a little jealous.

MorseyRuns said...

Righto, I am doing it too now. (It is about 136 days until you are gloriously running into the G to the roar of the crowd- I think)