Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Feet of clay

I know, I know, I said no ebay for 2 months, and it's only been 4 weeks ( a huge personal best, BTW), and no shoes until I've had 25 AFDs, and it's only been 3, but who could resist these darlings?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


(or these, but I actually need them and they're much cheaper direct from the US so it doesn't count).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No jokes about shoes being my achilles heel, please - far too corny (CORNY, geddit? hahahaha, gosh I'm SO funny...) I'm back on the wagon now, I promise!



I'm meeting my new thesis supervisor tomorrow.
I have decided to believe that the surgeon will do all the scans and then decide I don't need surgery after all, or
the scans will reveal I need a ligament repair rather than a full reconstruction, or
it will all go superbly well and I will heal marvellously quickly.

more anon, Imeldas!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the scans. Love, love, love the shoes. Shoes and sparkling shiraz can cure anything.

Wes said...

Alrighty then... I can't really comment unless I can see a pic of the shoes. Stupid blogspot. I KNOW the ankle is just going to need lots of rest. Cause I believe, damn it, and I clicked my heels together three times, saying, there's no triathlete like LBTEPA, there's no triathlete like LBTEPA...

jeanne said...

can't. see. shows.

send photo.

immediately!

MorseyRuns said...

Do the top ones come in black??
Go on, you deserve it! My nephew (!) told me that he only has 3 pairs of shoes and he thinks that a boy his age should have at least 21.

Wayne said...

Best of luck with the ankle, I'm hoping to see you at handful of races this summer!

If it's any help, I've had a friend recently make tremedous gains after a terrible workplace accident. I'll be sending you the same vibes...

Anonymous said...

they are gorgeous! and i think 4 weeks is a great attempt at staying away!

Kathy said...

Good luck with the ankle and the thesis supervisor.

Love the shoes. Great colour.

Unknown said...

cute shoes, I like the running shoes too...ASCIS, I believe.

Best wishes with the ankle!

Jessie said...

Don't under-estimate the healing potential of positive thought!.....or retail therapy, especially for running shoes :)

Good luck with the scans and the surgeon

Jessie

Anonymous said...

Luv the shoes ... I might look good in the top one's ....lol

Hope all is well for you ..... take good care.

Eat Em