How to make people laugh
- overdo it on the bike in February
- rehab shins, calves and achilles in March
- sprain your ankle really thoroughly in April
- rehab that
- run twice in 10 days as your only preparation for a hilly two-loop 8km
- forget your 5/2 run/walk plan; run all the way!
- walk around again with your kid
- imbibe injudiciously most of the afternoon
- sit down at your desk most of the next day
- attempt to walk down stairs while people are watching
Voila - helpless giggles from the assembled throng!
Maaaaaaaaate........
Ow ow ow ow
I haven't felt this much of a dill since....um....
But....
I don't care! It was a SPLENDID day! And after the bike last night and the pool this morning I am much better! And my medal is in my pocket because it makes me feel happy!
Does swimming in the morning make you hungry? It's not long since lunch and I could gnaw my own arm off.
more anon, carb-cravers!
10 comments:
I am definitely hungry after swimming- maybe it is because we have to wait an hour before we get in!
LOL! You got some bling! What more do you need? Swimming definitely makes you hungry. It's funny. I read that it burns fewer calories, but makes you hungrier when you are done than any other type of exercise. I think they are off a bit, because you are using your entire body to swim. My opinion of course.
Swimming in the morning makes me RIDICULOUSLY hungry! If I don't have my raisin bread/peanut butter sanny ready for me at the office, I'm one cranky athlete!
Um, next time, a little video of the stair walking, please! ;p
Well, arms are over-rated anyway and prosthetics are getting better all the time ;-)
I can't sepak for the rest of the U.S. but we live in the desert southwest and as you have guesed many many of our tris are indeed reverse, it's one way of managing the problem of too many athletes too little pool. Though I do prefer the time-trial start in pool swims but most RDs don't go for that.
LOL - if I had a medal I wouldn't carry it in my pocket - I'd wear it around my neck!!! They may laugh at you pain but I bet they still envy your bling!
you forgot one more point.
- retell story on blog and make blog laugh along.
Love the bling bling and if it makes you happy all the better.
Great effort on the run on minimal training.
As for morning swimming, I don't do morning swimming. Too much effort to get organised. Kinda like morning riding too.
Hows the plans for the ride to Whittlesea going?
I just stubled in to your blog. It sucks!!
LOL!
ha ha!!! If I had a medal, i'd tape it to my forehead! swimming in the morning never makes me hungry..but that's probably because i'd have to you know, actually SWIM.
Post a Comment