Monday, February 22, 2016

plans

My plans for the weekend didn't go ..as planned... sorry, that's terrible.
Saturday was supposed to be the usual morning shouting at Noddie being Mrs Music at dance practice, then a bike ride, which didn't happen becuase of horrible indigestion from trying a new sort of pie for lunch - and I never get indigestion so it tool me about three hours to realise I should have just popped a couple of antacids and got on with it. DOH.
Sunday was the day I caught up with all the undone stuff from when I was sick last week, like a million loads of washing, and meal planning, and food shopping so we wouldn't be eating strange things from the back of the freezer for two weeks in a row. Then I was going to the pool, but ended up at the hospital until 11pm while my poor darling Spousal Unit tried, unsuccessfully, to pass a kidney stone. Horrid to see him in such pain. They admitted him for better pain relief (which turned out to be far worse, and i am going to have their guts for garters, but that's another story).
But this is the Year I Do Things Better, and am CONSISTENT. So I got up at 6am and began My Running Plan. My legs are strong again and I can walk for hours. Time to up the intensity! This involves winning the suck up your pride and start where you REALLY are mind games that I have been practising with swimming. I went 2km today, run 1min walk 2 min. Whoopee friggen do said my Mean Comparing Self. STFU, MCS, said my Doing Everything Better self, and enjoy yourself! Look! You're running! It feels great! There are birds and flowers and people walking their dogs and morning mist. It's grouse! And it was. I'm going to keep up this run/walk schedule, with gradual increases, until I can smack out 5k without soreness, then increase the running. See if I don't.
The weekly schedule will run as follows: M run T bike W run T bike F swim S run or bike Sun swim. Lots and lots of little short repeatable consistent workouts. I can do this. I'm looking forward to doing this!
More anon, problem-solvers!

1 comment:

Tea said...

Yay! Go! Go! Go!