Hello there! I write to you, my five faithful readers, from the rural fastness of my (almost) fully assembled, unpacked, unfolded and organised new home. It's nice here. I hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely summer weather, unless you're from the other hemisphere, in which case *snicker*
So much has happened at the new Casa del LBTEPA that I hardly know where to begin.
1. Here is a really truly true Public Service Announcement. As my five faithful readers well know, my sinuses and I have a very special relationship. I hate them; they turn on me at the slightest provocation. Taking them to live in the dusty, pollen-y, smoky (from bushfires) country was possibly not the best idea. In an effort to function I started taking some OTC sinus pain medication that I've had before. I was taking it as infrequently as possible, not even close to the maximum dose. I was finding the unpacking and looking after Noddie a real struggle and was even worried I was falling back into clinical depression again. And then..... I was about to slurp down a couple more of these sinus pills, when I noticed on the package in teeny tiny letters that people taking antidepressants should consult their doctors before using this stuff. Hmmm, I thought, I'm not on ADs but I am feeling more and more thoroughly and pervasively gloomy with every passing day. I don't think I'll take any more of these. So I didn't.
Well let me tell you, my five faithful readers, it was like a switch being thrown. Within 24 hours I was my old irritatingly cheerful bundle-of-energy self. With a face that feels as though it's full of acid, yes, but I'm working on that with stuff that doesn't suck all the joy out of life. So - yes, I have finally got to the point - if you have sinus problems in summer and experience any sort of lowered mood, check what you're taking. Those things are poison to me and they might be to you too.
2. In a sensational piece of serendipity, a friend of mine needed a new home just as we left our old place. Tenants, anyone? We're so thrilled - they're no-BS people, old hands at renting and happy to tell us what we need to do to be good landlords.
3. One of the most fun things about moving house is that you can throw out all your old scruffy tea-towels and get nice new matching ones. Ditto bath mats.
4. Mum gave me a tape measure and matching stanley knife, all covered in roses so the Spousal Unit won't take them to the Shed O'Doom from whence nothing returns. Yes, there's one here too.
5. I love my tape measure. I have a lot of stuff on my walls, and in this house it's perfectly straight, and aligned to perfection.
6. We seem to have acquired two new dogs. They are exact replicas of our previous dogs, but don't bark at the next door dogs or pull washing off the line!
7. When we moved in, every single room in this nice big house was BEIGE. I hate beige. Hate. It. since Noddie started school on Monday I have painted her room pink and purple, as requested - with butterflies! It's too cute! - and the bathroom, en suite and loo pale yellow. They look smashing. Next week I'll transform the front living room from a blah approximation of cosy to a white chocolate den of yumminess. I'm not doing it tomorrow because the job involves unpacking three large bookshelves, and I do need to start organising the filing cabinet some time. Although it might be a good beach day............
8. Noddie has become a complete daredevil on her boogie board. I love going to the beach with her. She's a legend.
9. The view from our front verandah is a few rows of houses and then rolling hills.
10. I live five minutes' walk from the river track. Seeing the sun come up as you run beside the water is exactly as perfect as it sounds.
11.Rain smells so good here. I'm going to go and sit on the verandah for a while before I go to bed.
So when are you coming to stay? Hop on the train, we'll pick you up from the station!
More anon, future guests!
13 comments:
Sounds devine and I love that you've made it all you!!
The river track sounds enticing.
Side note on the hayfever sinusy meds, I was liek a zombie and I had the same realisation as you. Went off them and voila! Instant life.
I hope you find a perfect solution.
P.S. I have read and re-read your message to me today. Would you mind if I made a 'realisation' post about it? You are SPOT on in everything you have noticed.
Oh SWOON... it sounds wonderful! And point 6 cracked me right up :)
Good! It does sound lovely, and stay off those nasty meds!
Maybe Michelle & I could ride down there ... just a short ride ... lol
Enjoy the running
Eat Em
Is there a run or swim anywhere in the near vicinity?
Emma
I am SO behind in my blog reading so great to hear you are all moved and everything! Sounds great (except the beige thing)..and sinus issues..
:)
Oops, I pop those things like they are lollies! I love the war on beige being waged at your house- there can only be one winner!
Yay! How exciting!
Y'know something similar happened to me (re:medication). Last winter, I was taking an over the coutner medicine. For a week, I wasn't myself. I was miserable. As soon as I stopped taking it, I perked back up!
I didn't really think too much of it until I read your post!
#7 cracked me up. apparently your dogs are quite pleased with the move
i need a floral tape measure! mine keeps disappearing. someone borrows it and doesn't put it back. i want something too girly for them to borrow. perfect!
Thanks for the warning. If (when) I have to take allergy meds again, I'll watch out for subtle-but-unpleasant side effects.
And I'm impressed with your house-painting energy. I'm living with beige because painting involves cleaning, which involves getting up off my butt, which involves backing away from the keyboard, which involves...
I think it has been proven that you have more than 5 faithful readers. :)
Love #4 and I think I can imagine #10 when I close my eyes. #3 and #7 spell H-O-M-E. #9 and #11 must be to die for and #8 must be so fabulous to witness. Yay re: #2 and woot! re: #5. Woot re: #4 too, except with a chuckle (have seen a few Shed O'Dooms). The the bundle-of-energy self definitely comes through (#1) and them dogs (#6) must be just as happy at the new place as you sound to be. :-D Lastly... oh wait, I've ran out of numbers...
PS: New blog & nick. But I think you'll know whence I come.
Haha the tape measure - we have a spirit level in the caravan so Craig can get it sitting completely level!
What's the nearest airport, I'm on my way.
You sound happy and lovely as always. I wish I could bottle your spirit and wear it like fancy french perfume!
Post a Comment