I cannot describe to you how much I disliked yoga. It was hot (not hot yoga, just a warm room) and muggins here didn't have any water. It was difficult. I felt sick because I very foolishly had my lunch at 3.30 pm - trap for young players there! I didn't know what was going on and the teacher had a very thick Chilean (?) accent so I couldn't understand her very well unless I concentrated so hard that I fell out of my (ahem) 'pose'. I was watching the clock from 6.05, thinking about when I could possibly legitimately make a run for it, until 6.50, when we got to lie on our backs with our eyes closed. I was in the back corner next to an uber-lithe 20-something yoga goddess who could do headstands, and then I noticed that I had on odd socks! I didn't even realise I owned odd socks! #socialdeath #ohtheshame
I could do some of it, though. At various points I was quite surprised when I could do things!
It is a sad but unavoidable fact of having Let Yourself Go that you have to feel utterly crap for quite a while before you feel good and strong again. So back to yoga tonight I go! I have promised the lovely Shauna that I will. Ewwwwww why did I do that? Still, an LBTEPA's word is her bond. I have water, didn't have much lunch and am ready to sink into the warrior pose....
More anon, creakers!
*Update: Neither vomit, flatulence nor undignified falling marred my practice! I only started glaring at the clock at 6.15! Progress! Woot!
1 comment:
" It is a sad but unavoidable fact of having Let Yourself Go that you have to feel utterly crap for quite a while before you feel good and strong again." OMG I need to tattoo that on my arm. Would have to be a pretty small font to fit but I need a constant reminder!
So chuffed for you, yoga lass! :)
Post a Comment