Thursday, May 25, 2017

two steps forward


Quite exciting times, LBTEPA fans. Quite exciting. I ran all the way around the lake near the fancypants gym I go to on Wednesdays!!!! Without stopping!! It was like that Rocky movie! I was a bloody superstar! I ran non-stop for 25 minutes again on Sunday too. I was beyond chuffed. I've been keeping up the gym too - I'm feeling good, doing all the good-life stuff like filing and crochet and playing the piano. My sleep is quite poor/broken, which is a pest but I'm getting enough overall. It's all good.
Yesterday after work I started out around the lake again. It was cold, and I shuffled off feeling a bit stiff. About half way around, my stupid #*&^$% bastard calf GRABBED like a tiger was biting it. #$%& me it hurt. I kept going, although I had to stop and swear stretch a few times. I was having that twenty minutes of sweating, by golly. Then I went to the fancypants gym and crossly pushed heavy bits of metal around, becuase that is the LBTEPA way. Today I'm walking like the tin man. #$%& me my leg hurts. Stupid thing. Deep heat, ibuprofen and rest.
Today's g00gling: calf strengthening and glute activation. Not quite back to the drawing board, but a slight-ish change in focus.
More anon, bun-burners!

1 comment:

Tea said...

Change is good. :)