Thursday, June 01, 2017

Be where you are

I've realised I'm in the 'really crap at it = sucky and discouraging ' part of returning to actual really real running i.e. longer than a minute at a time. Alas, this is an unavoidable part of getting to 'looking forward to doing/enjoying it because I'm quite good at it now'. Currently sucking up: 2.5km will cause a calf niggle which will take a week to settle. Solution: run 3min/walk 3min. That's more than I was doing anyway. Be where you are!
Also: turn my back on my glutes for a second and they skive off. Slack bastards. We are arguing about single leg bridges at the mo'. I'm winning.
Currently not sucking up: as much wine as I used to! I reckon I've dropped it by almost half the last two weeks! Go me! If some lard shifts as a result of this, that should help with my calf too.
Also:

I said I would do three sets of ten by the end of May, and I DID.
What awesomeness are you up to?
More anon, hoppers! (I can do that too now yay!)

1 comment:

Tea said...

I think the "really crap at it" cycle hits me about once a year. I really think it happens when we are on the brink of a breakthrough.