Monday, March 27, 2017

Just keep swimming

...or rather, not. I'm just not swimming at the moment, even though it's on The List. Must Do Something about that. I do have a Plan, of course, and I'm getting on with it. Thursday nights are no longer 'excuses excuses' night - I spend the whole day giving myself a stern talking-to about what's going to happen (a workout) and what's not going to happen (excuses/the couch/a glass of wine with my Mum straight after work).  Once I get into the firm habit of Thursday night workouts it'll be easier to make it a Thursday night swim. Isn't it stupid how dislikes form? I love to swim, but part of me Just. Doesn't. Want. To. Don't worry darls, I will conquer that!
In other THRILLING news hahahaha I'm now walk:running 3min:2min on the treadmill for 35 minutes twice a week. Woot! My plantar fascia is grumbling, but I'm taping it and stretching, so so far so good. When I think that I used to be able to run 10 walk 2 for 5+ hours I get all sad, so I don't think about it. My goals for this year are to give 3 hours a nudge in the 2 half marathons I want to do. I have weight loss goals too, but I haven't thought out a plan to which I'm really prepared to commit, so I'm not writing them down right at present. No point writing down a lot of BS, eh?
More anon, dream chasers!

1 comment:

Tea said...

Excellent work with the run/walk program.
I love swimming, but it IS hard to do. We have to get to the pool, shower after, drive home. It's much more time consuming than going for a walk.