Sunday, March 01, 2015

Adding it up

Hi There Blog! Fancy seeing me again! But you see, it's On The Chart that I should blog twice weekly. There's a bit to talk about - and that's what you're here for, Blog. So that my dear Spousal Unit isn't too bored with my everlasting yapping, and becuase writing things down helps me remember them. So. What have I learned from examining the data I have gathered On The Chart so far? Later in the week is a black hole as far as workouts are concerned. Why? Because I'm working a lot, I get very tired and sometimes I deal with that with an extra wine or two. Then it's harder to get up early, and when I do I'm doing the zombie shuffle not hurling myself out the door.
Response: after work each day I'm going to do a 10 minute mindfulness meditation to re-set myself emotionally. I predict that this will change both my eating and drinking, and my sleep. I'll let you know.
I went to a tri club talk on injury prevention on Tuesday. It was very interesting and helpful, although daunting to be around all the happy confident skinnyfasts. I was glad I went. I proved to myself it didn't matter what my feelings were, just that I did what I said I was going to. I am back to the physio this week for a review, though, and some recommendations about core strengthening.
ESM* training update: 10.5km yesterday. I got the Spousal Unit to drop me off at the spot where the railtrail crosses the highway. Back In The Day, that was the point in my long runs where I knew it was in the bag - 10k, I can do that! - so I was very happy to be back there sweating gently in the open air and looking at the cows and listening to the yellow-tailed black cockatoos squawking in the trees. I got a bit sore at times on the walk (see 'epic fail exercise/stretch this week') but never more than about 6/10. I was able to reconnect with the certainty that I could hold that effort for a very long time if I had to. It's a good feeling. I've missed it.
These birds are about a metre long!
More anon, striders!

PS GUESS WHAT NODDIE IS TEACHING ME TO TAP DANCE!!! 
*Extremely Slow Marathon

2 comments:

Tea said...

Well done!
I'll be interested to hear in your experience with meditation. I've found that it completely centers me. I just need to do it more often.

Shauna said...

Oh my goodness that cockatoo is so beautiful! How cool to see one for real :) hope the meditation is niiiice :)