Monday, February 23, 2015

Activated!

I was out for my long walk on Saturday morning, 9.5km it was, can I get a woot?, when an amazing thing happened: my right glute muscle activated! It sounds odd, I know, but that's been the missing piece in my rehab. My achilles and calves were overloaded becuase that lazy bugger wouldn't fire. My physio and I have been quite distracted over it. It just wouldn't go. I changed some of my core workout recently to include reclining ball squats (oh, the life of the dodgy-kneed), and I tried out some of the drills from my new running book, so it may have been one of them that flicked the 'on' switch. Or it may have been something else, or it may have just happened at random. But I am so bloody happy I can hardly stand it. I'm really excited. I came home from my walk with a sore bum and tight hammies, but no achilles pain whatsoever. It didn't strain while I was walking. It hasn't been sore afterward. My backside? Different story, and that's how it should be. That's what foam rollers are for.
My five faithful readers, astute souls that they are, will have noticed an addition to my sidebar. I'm doing Very Slow Marathon #6 (walk version) in Portland (Victoria, Australia, not Oregon) in November. I'm excited! More anon, stargazers!

3 comments:

Tea said...

Yes! What an incredible breakthrough!

MorseyRuns said...

Sweeet! I did think you were going OS for your marathon! Portland Victoria is gorgeous though- does it take in the Great South West Walk? Sara

Medford TV Installation said...

Hi nice readingg your post