At today's press conference a spokesperson issued this statement.
[LBTEPA]'s had these painful sinuses for a while and we thought it was going ok with the steroids to settle them down and help with the pain. It's not unexpected at this dusty smokey time of year. It was going well. We were using a management plan! (a murmur of mmmm, plan from the assembled group was hurriedly hushed)
Ahem
Then the sinuses got infected, which is pretty unpleasant, very painful, dizziness, fatigue, trouble breathing etc etc. LBTEPA can't get to the doctor until Friday so it's been three days of get up at night for painkillers, drag self through work day/family duties then go back to bed. Astute readers will observe that these days would be days 4-6 of Project There Is No Try. Sadly prophetic words, alas. There have been no ticks of any kind on The Chart. It has been somewhat disheartening to our heroine, and unfortunately she has stumbled at this hurdle. To be clear, she has fallen right into the why bother trying to get fit again I keep trying and nothing ever works my weight just goes up and up and I'm sick and I can't go to the gym and I'm not even allowed to walk yet this is all taking too long I'm so sad and now I've got a crappy unattractive haircut just before I have to drag my 15kg-heavier self to the school reunion and don't tell me people won't judge I give up what's the point pool and hasn't been able to get out yet.
We are hoping that antibiotics will do the trick so that the sleep and exercise can work their transformative magic. Your supportive thoughts would be appreciated at this time.
And no, I'm probably not going to try and enter this at 9am today. I thought about it.
oh heck I dunno well I do know - no!!! - but I dunno...
or should I? I dunno.... might be a Good Thing...might be the temperature talking..I just want to do something awesome again...Must. Be. Patient.....
More anon, water-treaders
3 comments:
Drat! Stupid sinuses!
Dammit.
I know how awful it is to be injured and unable to go after your goals, but I think you need to give yourself permission to heal now and be awesome in the future. Can you get your hair fixed somehow?
Sending love!
Post a Comment