Friday, July 12, 2013

a minor setback

I was all set to be all happy and excited about Day 1 of Marathon training, aka being allowed to go for a walk, until I tripped over our stupid dog because it was dark and Noddie and I and the stupid dog were walking beside an unmade road and some stupid hoon was bearing down on us and I'm not as nimble as Steven Bradbury.
Now the ankle is a bit bruised and swollen and it's a bit painful to drive. I didn't twist it though so I Am Not Worried Or Upset At All nononononooooo. I just have to be very patient and careful for a bit longer.
More anon, last men standing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cannot catch a break, can you? All the best to the ankle.

Emma

k said...

*hugs*
Sometimes it's one step forward, two steps back.
I got the 'ok' to start a bit of running - and then injured a ligament in my other leg doing something unrelated. Cried buckets.

Don't forget this: http://lbtepa.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/head-spin.html

k

Anonymous said...

Grrrrr- the bloody universe and it's dogs and hoons and other things that get in the way can bugger off. Minor setbacks are allowed if they strengthen your resolve- otherwise smooth sailing please! Sara