Friday, July 26, 2013

falling through the week

Gosh that went by quickly. Since last we spoke I packed for Melbourne, lunched with a friend and roared off to the big smoke with the family, all whist feeling like death warmed up but only very slightly, found a kind and helpful walk-in doctor with a charming and helpful receptionist ah, I remember helpful doctors and charming receptionists, those were the days..., shopped for new boots in Acland Street becuase I ACCIDENTALLY no really left mine at home and I'm all about problem-solving, dozed the afternoon away while the Very Strong Antibiotics I was prescribed becuase I was Really Very Sick (see this raised middle digit, mean stupid doctor I saw on Thursday? It's for YOU) started to work their magic, dined at a restaurant with a magic tree in the middle of the dining table
see?

brunched with The Mighty Emma who was by some miracle in the same city at the same time, attended the thea-tah (totes hilair, darls), zoomed back home, saw my clients for the week and sketched out the barest semblance of looking after Noddie and the Spousal Unit whilst spending every possible moment as rugged-up and close to horizontal as could be managed. Ask me how I know that the Bad Mother Police don't come if you give your kid re-heated spinach rolls for tea two nights in a row.
I was going to cancel my physio appointment  becuase I've done bugger all - it is hard to do core work when your head nearly falls off when you move it, and cardio is tricky when you're coughing up stuff the consistency of blu-tac (too much information? Sorry) blah blah blah excuses excuses - but then I thought I could use the session to get back onto the right track - as a re-set button, if you will. Luckily my physio combines sternness, no-more-excuses-please and kindness in the nicest possible way so I didn't cry.
Now LBTEPA is vertical again, thanks to the miracles of modern doctors who actually give a shit enough to listen medicine, and The Plan is This: another streak! If I keep it up for four weeks, I reckon I'll be a Person Who Exercises again, as opposed to my current identity as a bleating, carb-powered couch cushion. I'll be riding that endorphin train, my friends, and my resting heart rate and lung capacity will be back on that road to righteousness. It'll be great. It's going to happen. You watch.
In the spirit of Yoda
exercise Every Single Day for the next month I will.
....mind you
.....I'm so confused....
but in the meantime, tally ho!!! Charge!!!!!!!!!!
What are your bold plans for the next season?

More anon, metaphor-manglers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love a mangled metaphor (and live with the king of them!) my favourite was heard at a work lecture- "and that opened a pandora's box of worms". I think I caught the same strain of blu tac virus- it is ugly! I am struggling with the exercise intensity but I am still going through the motions:)

Sara

Unknown said...

For what it's worth, every time I try to re-engage in some exercise routine lately I end up with some injury type issue that causes me to need to rest instead. Seems like the only thing I can do without further injuring myself is sit on the couch and eat bon-bons. That can't really be right, can it?

If you can move your body. Do it!