So without further ado
1. I'm in a much better place mentally about training and race goals than I was last year. I had three days off this week because I had gastro ewww and a headcold, and I was able to sit with that and say, oh well, these things happen rather than beating myself up about how a) it must have been my fault and b) my marathon was now doomed beyond all redemption. People have commented on this blog imagine how well you could do if you had uninterrupted training! Oh my, how marvellous would that be? But at the moment I seem to get sick a lot, there's a lot of stuff going around, I work in an open-plan, air-conditioned office and I hang around with a five year old germ-magnet. I think what I actually have to do is imagine how well I can do with interrupted training!
I can't imagine finishing a marathon. I can imagine resting and sleeping when I'm sick so I get better sooner. I can imagine missing sessions when uni and family demands take priority. I can imagine keeping at my training program as best I can. I can imagine showing up on race day feeling sick with apprehension because I'm old/fat/underdone etc etc, and keeping on going until I finish no matter how long it takes. And you know what? All of that's perfectly ok by me!
2. I had almost the perfect day today. I got off my disorganised behind and did my bike trainer session before the longest and possibly least interesting church service in living memory I can't be sure I think I nodded off at one stage. After lunch we played everlasting snakes and ladders, then I listened to the footy on the radio and crocheted the granny square rug I'm making for my friend's baby. It was a really thrilling game that didn't involve my team, who won this weekend, yay! Then we had a roast for dinner and J and Noddie watched Merlin.
3. The Ferguson Plarre Boston Bun J brought home for afternoon tea was the closest thing to perfection I have eaten in many a long year.
4. I may never eat Boston Bun again.
5.You remember I was dreadfully upset because I messed up an exam and thought I might fail a subject? I got 75! Even when I checked the web page several times! I haven't stopped grinning.
6. No-one will ever listen to my exam bleating again. The Spousal Unit says he never does anyway, the beast LOL.
7. After watching the master roster at work like a hawk, I snapped up the shift I've been wanting for months. Life will be much simpler to organise now, hoorah!
Here are a couple of photos from our holiday, to prove how much effort I put into having An Excellent Time. Someone has to take it for the team :P



9 comments:
What can I say? Well done on everything - the race, the exams - everything! Love the pics.
#1 is the best.
"...and keeping on going until I finish no matter how long it takes"
Yes!!!
uninterrupted training? Pffft... Every day is "training", oh great bleater :-)
You'll have people waiting at the end, no matter how long it takes.
And trust me, at the start line of a marathon, everyone is feeling slow/old/underdone/worried about that hammie.
You'll do it. (By the way, my "anti-robot word" is "winor". The internet can't spell, but it knows one when it sees one. A winner!)
Emma
(I've gone back to uni. If a five year old shows up here, I will begin to suspect we are sharing a life.)
Yay for you - we all have road bumps it seems - that's why we are blog addicts. It's nice to read that you are only human after all!
Open plan offices are great for 'sharing' .... grrr
Great result on the exams ....
Are you thinking of doing the Whittlesea Challenge Ride in Aug ? ... Michelle & I are :-)
Take care
Eat Em
PS: Maybe Sara can do it again too !!!!
It isn't just the SP, your whole family rolls their eyes every time you go into Mark Panic. We've heard it all before and every time you come out having kicked serious ass.
Oh, dear - it's not MY thirsday thirteen. I stole it from Courtney, who stole it from someone else...there's a whole bunch of people who do it! Seven seems more manageable, though...
Early in our relationship Sweet Baboo used to agonize over every exam, particularly his boards. I learned to nod sympathetically but not get sucked in, because he always did fine.
I can't stop laughing in order to write an appropriate response. You'll just have to trust me on that one.
Post a Comment