Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jiggety jig

We're home again, we're unpacked and the washing is done. The inlaws killed my goldfish and I'm regretting not doing the vacuuming before we left.
I ran the half marathon 7 minutes faster than last week (2.35.00), hurrah! The post-race rehydration session with my over-excited running mates was the model of decorum and restraint you would expect. Now that Noddie the daredevil is tall enough, we hammered the SCARY rides at the amusement parks, enjoyed looking at sealions, dolphins, sharks and cassowaries and patting kangaroos, wallabies and emus. I'm never eating anything fried ever again. It was a top holiday!
On the principle that no photos = did not happen, here is race day.
Nearly there...
I might have to buy this one - but not the dvd of my finish, I look like a clockwork toy! Have I always had such a peculiar gait?J and Noddie sprinting to the finish of the Junior Dash!The bling girls.
More bling girls - including my partner in marathon lunacy Mrs W (centre) and the mighty Emma, just finished running her first full marathon! Too old? Too fat? Not good enough? Too scared? Too much 'real life' to manage? We don't think so!
More anon, demon-slayers!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

wheeeeeeee the scary rides look like fun. :-)

well done half as well. :-)

SWTrigal said...

Great time..great pics!

Unknown said...

Great Job! And I am awe of your marathoning friend! Whadda woman!!

Could you do me a favour and text me coz I have lost your number?? Just went riding today and really could use those shoes! Lol!

Anonymous said...

Those demons better not stick around here, there is no way they can keep up with us! (Demons are famous for not enjoying jogging.)

The post race hydration was a highlight, and go you on that time! 2.35? That's super!

emma, who has an openid, but it doesn't want to play nicely.

Anonymous said...

PS, might i shamelessly pinch the photo of us, and stick it on my lj/fb?

emma

Wes said...

Hooorah! Well done, LBTEPA!! and yay for Noddie being big enough for the scary rides :-)

Tea said...

WOW! 7 minutes! That's great! At my last half, I have an almost identical picture to your "wind up toy" pic. I look more like I'm walking than anything.

Anonymous said...

Great work on he PB ... just think of the possibilities when you get a free run at training ....

Michelle was sad to miss out this year - hopefully next year ...

Take care

Eat Em

Anonymous said...

Hey alisonjc!
Just discovered your blog and love it! It was great to meet you at GC. Sounds like you had a pretty good run. Well done. Must bookmark your blog - it's a hoot!
Cheers,
Didge :)