Thursday, October 23, 2008

duck broken

These are exciting times at Chateau LBTEPA. The RSPBEB* has cleared up at last; I've strung together a few weeks of consistent exercise and my word I am feeling better for it; and last but not least, I've finally overcome the siren lure of the doona and done an early morning workout. It was unfortunate that whiny LBTEPA came along for the ride:
I hate this, it's freezing
Be quiet, at least we got out of bed
but I'm reeeally collllllld
pedal harder. Isn't this envigorating?
Envigorating my lardy posterior. I wish I was still snuggled up warmly next to the Spousal Unit. We must be mental
No you don't. This is quite nice really....
no it isn't
...and we're half way there now, time to turn back
Holy smeg, this head wind! It's freezing!Since when do we have southerlies in October?
Please stop whingeing
(mutters sulkily) oh all right then.
I've broken my duck, and I can't wait to go out again.

More anon, keensters!
*Rotten Stinking Pig Bastard Everlasting Bronchitis

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah!

And how boring would exercise be if you couldn't argue with yourself!

Benson said...

Hah, that sounds like me going to work yesterday. It was fffffreeszing.
So is it getting to be springtime downunder?
It's getting fricken colder up here in the States.

SWTrigal said...

"Broken the duck" that is my new phrase. I shall try and throw it in sometime this week and surprise my friends..
:)

Wes said...

Yay! Is that an Aussie term? I love it and shall henceforth adopt it as my own :-)

P.S. I have had quite a few lovely things to say on my recent (cold) bike rides as well!!

Anonymous said...

Not cold over here in SA land...just er-er-er-early. *YAWNS*
Just 10 more minutes...
No.
Just 9 more minutes then...
NO.
Just 8 more munites?
NO!
Just 7 ... bugger it I will just get up :)

Unknown said...

I had to look up breaking the duck. I had no idea what that meant!

MorseyRuns said...

See if I was there then you wouldnt have to worry about complaining because that is what I am good at! I can whinge even when things are going my way- tail wind, fresh legs and no hills and I will still find something to sook about! Great work.

Anonymous said...

can't wait until you start bitch-slapping yourself. that'll be entertaining to read.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking how much fun it would be to ride behind you and Sara ... the conversations that the two of you would have would be priceless ... :-)

There are a few bike rides coming up soon ... even a 'girls only' ride ....

See you out and about soon

Eat Em

Flea said...

Oh I love it, it's great!! LOL

Steve Stenzel said...

Glad you're feeling better!!